Pizza, tacos and pumpkin spice lattes are the holy trinity of comfort food.
Since cheap Taco Tuesday happens at most every Mexican place, and we’ve already given you the skinny on getting a cheap PSL, today is all about the pizza.
1. Get a free side or appetizer for your birthday month when you sign up for Papa John’s rewards program.
Once you join the Papa John’s rewards program, you’ll earn one point for every $5 spent. You can cash in for rewards like free appetizers or desserts for as little as 10 points, a 20% return on your money.
Right now you can also score a free large one-topping pizza when you pay with Visa checkout, and Papa John’s basically always has two-topping extra large pies on “special” for $11.
- Price per pizza: $11 for an extra large.
TIP: Plus if you have T-Mobile, download the T-Mobile Tuesday app for a chance to win a free Papa John’s large one-topping pie, about every three months.
2. Earn 10 points for every order over $10 with Domino’s Piece of the Pie Rewards program.
You only need 60 points for a free medium two-topping pizza. Plus, Domino’s offers a huge selection of their customer favs for only $5 each. The hack? If you’re ordering $50 worth of pizza, call and place five orders to get the most points from your purchase.
- Price per pizza: As low as $5 for a large.
3. Get a free appetizer with any purchase, and free dessert on your birthday when you sign up for the Pizza Hut rewards program.
For every $100 you spend at Pizza Hut, you get a free medium pizza. Plus, they regularly run $7.99 promotions for a large two-topping when you order online.
- Price per pizza: As low as $7.99 for a large.
4. Papa Murphy’s offers three different classic one-topping large pizzas for only $5 each!
Never order at Papa Murphy’s before checking their website for coupons. They have great promos all the time, like buy one pizza, get a free fav pizza deals; $10 for a large pizza on Tuesdays; and they regularly offer $2, $3 and $6 off their pizzas.
- Price per pizza: As low as $5 for a large one-topping.
5. Costco has the cheapest price per square inch of pizza.
Want a no-brainer pizza deal without using a membership, rewards, or coupons?
One Costco pizza is two inches bigger than an extra-large sized pizza at Pizza Hut. It’s only $9.99, and you can order them to go.
We ranked the top five national pizza places on full retail price of a combo pizza per sq inch. Costco is the clear winner at almost half the cost of any other chain:
- Costco: $0.04 per sq. inch
- Papa Murphy’s: $0.08 per sq. inch
- Pizza Hut: $0.07 per sq. inch
- Papa John’s: $0.10 per sq. inch
- Domino’s: $0.09 per sq. inch
6. Search KCL for pizza coupons, and stock up on frozen pizza for as little as $0.75 each (or free!)
Who says pizza has to come from a takeout place? You can get some seriously good pizza in the frozen foods section of your grocery store, and score it even cheaper with coupons.
We’ve seen Totino’s pizzas for as low as FREE at Safeway, and only $0.75 at Target this year. Okay, so maybe it’s not gourmet, but pair with Trader Joe’s two-buck Chuck wine and the new season of Stranger Things to make it a cheap girls’ night in.
- Price Per Pizza: As low as $0.75.
7. Stack promos with discounted gift cards to get an instant 12% off your order.
Aim for an immediate 12% off your pizza order by stacking a coupon with a discounted gift card.
Discounted gift cards can be used like cash, so you can still apply coupons and promo codes to bring down your total.
Check out these immediate savings on gift cards for four national pizza chains at Gift Card Granny:
- Domino’s: 12.4% off.
- Pizza Hut: 13.9% off.
- Papa Murphy’s: 13% off.
- Papa John’s: 14% off.
8. Get at least 60% off at local pizza joints with Groupon.
If you’re going local (instead of a national chain), check Groupon for discounts like $10 off any local Groupon. If that deal isn’t running, Groupon almost always has a 20% off coupon, which you can find on their website.
9. Get a $25 gift card for local pizza places for only $4 at Restaurant.com.
When you see Restaurant.com offering their $4 for a $25 gift card promotion (which they run about four times a year), be sure to stock up.
These deals are the best for local joints, though. If you’re looking to order a pie from a national chain, discounted gift cards + coupon codes + rewards are definitely the way to go.