The Olympic Spirit is alive and well at our house these days! We are loving all the excitement of watching these amazing athletes. I decided we needed our own Olympic event to really capture the magic of the games this winter—and to chase away the winter boredom that is making us all a bit crazy lately. We may not win any real Olympic events, but I’m pretty sure we can give any other pom pom shooters a run for the gold! These easy-to-make toys are a blast. We have all had fun seeing how far we can get those pom poms to fly in the air. I even printed out some Olympic rings for target practice. And shh…don't tell the kids, but these work great with marshmallows, too!
- Small plastic cups
- Pom poms or marshmallows
- Cut the bottoms off the plastic cups, leaving about 2/3 of the cup. I used small 3 oz. cups so they would be easier for little hands to hold.
- Tie a knot at the end of your balloon and cut off the tip.
- Stretch the balloon over the rim of the cup. The small cup size makes it easier to stretch the balloon across, as well.
- Place a pom pom down in the hole where the knot is.
- Pull back and let it fly!