We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Sometimes we don’t have the budget to buy a big gift, but small gestures can make an impact. Even a little something that lets the recipient know you care can brighten their day. Cards make a great gift, but if you’ve been in any greeting card aisle lately, you know they often cost more than the gift you are planning to give. That’s why we dug into useful and thoughtful gifts under $5.
We found a good number of cheap gift ideas and learned some tips along the way. For example, you can shop the Target Dollar spot and find small seasonal gifts for $3 – $5. This section usually has stuff like signs and throw pillows. You can also check out the Dollar Store to find pretty notebooks or activity books for kids. Michaels and Joann are always running sales or offering coupons, so you can check either of those places for cheaper projects, sweet candles, and home decor gifts.
For more inspo, here are gifts $5 and under that are sure to make anyone’s day. And for more savings, text DEALS to 57299 and be the first to know about the hottest deals each day.
Download the KCL app to have money-saving deals sent straight to your phone.
Gift Subscriptions Under $5
1. Harry’s Shave Club Kit — $3 Shipped
Request a free Harry’s Shave Club starter kit — just pay $3 for shipping. The kit includes the following: a weighted, ergonomic handle; a 5-blade razor cartridge; a 2-ounce shave gel; and a travel blade cover.
2. Big Bag of Zero Sugar Chocolate — $4.95 Shipped ($30 Value)
Choose from four flavors of SkinnyMe chocolate. Each bag contains 30 pieces of individually wrapped chocolate that are only 45 – 50 calories per serving. The same size bag is sold for close to $30 on Amazon.
3. Free Badass Beard Care Sample Box
For folks that love their facial hair, consider gifting them a free sample box from Badass Beard Care. All you need to do is pay $3.69 for shipping and select one of the 14 scents. Items included are beard oil, balm, wash, a beard pick, and a sticker.
4. Get 1 Year of Online Art Classes for $0.99
With your membership, you’ll get unlimited access to instructional drawing and painting videos, techniques, and expert tips with 24/7 access to instructors. All Artist’s Academy classes are conducted virtually.
5. Get a free Glossy Box when you buy a three-month subscription.
Glossy Box offers five beauty goodies monthly, including skincare, haircare, and makeup. Normally $18 a month, your first box is free when you sign up for a three-month subscription. It’s free to cancel anytime too.
6. Lumin 4-Piece Skincare Set — $3 Shipped
Choose one from three sets to try for free for 30 days — pay just $3 for shipping.
Clothing Gifts Under $5
7. Sam’s Club T-Shirts go on sale for up to 62% off.
8. Dollar Tree sells Birkenstock-inspired sandals.
9. We’ve seen a waterproof fanny-pack set go on sale for as much as 52% off.
10. Five Below sells fuzzy slippers for as little as $2.50.
Best Toy Gifts Under $5
11. Bright Starts Rattle shipped From Amazon
We’ve seen this rattle go for as low as 47% off, plus Amazon has occasionally offered coupon listings to save an extra 5%. Reviewers like that it’s easy to hold for baby and easy to clean for parents.
12. Slinky — $3.59, Shipped from Amazon
The great thing about this toy is that it grows with your kid from 5 years old to adult. Watch for Amazon to offer coupons on it on top of holiday sales.
13. Keep an eye out for Squishmallow Mini clearances at Meijers.
14. Color Changing Stress Ball — $3.44 at Walmart
15. Best-Selling Stickers — $4.99, Shipped From Amazon
This 40-page sticker book is filled with over a thousand stickers designs like colorful letters, monsters, donuts, ice cream, tacos, rainbows, tropical plants, space objects, puppies, kittens, emojis, unicorns, and more.
16. 5 Surprise Mini Brands Capsule — $4.97 at Walmart
Related: 11 Best Toys Under $10 That Your Kids Will Actually Play With
Beauty Gifts Under $5
17. Face masks are only $4.99 at Target.
They’re vegan, 99% natural, and cruelty-free. What’s better than that? The fact that it’s only $4.99.
18. Lip Smacker Lippy Pal Lip Balm — $4.99, Shipped From Amazon
Thousands sold on KCL last December, and at this price, they’ll be hard to pass up again.
19. Conair Pro Round Nylon Bristle Hair Brush — $3.88, Shipped From Amazon
55,000 reviewers love this brush, which is designed for all hair types and lengths. Ball-tipped wire bristles in the cushion base reach deep into your hair without the annoying discomfort of snagging to slow you down.
20. Eos Flavorlab Lip Balm Set in Mango Melonade — $4.99 at Target
Lip balm in fun flavors is an easy “just because” gift. We love that this is a 2-pack. It makes the price twice as nice!
21. Goody Ouchless Hair Ties, 60 ct — $3.46 on Amazon
Home and Tech Gifts Under $5
22. Dice — $2.99, Shipped From Amazon
Over six thousand reviewers say this a great 10-pack of dice, perfect for Bunco, Yahtzee, or replacing lost dice.
23. Stainless Steel Straws — $4.99, Shipped From Amazon
This 8-piece stainless flex straw set is 10.5″ long and fits perfectly into Yeti or most other brands with lidded tumblers.
24. Mainstays Twist Jar Single Wick Scented Candle – In The Zone — $3.83 at Walmart
This lidded glass jar candle is a perfect gift for any occasion. With eight different designs and scents available for just over $3, you could buy several and keep them on hand for the next time you want to say “thank you” or “happy birthday.”
25. Stoneware Monogram Mug — Just $4.75 with a Target RedCard
There’s no such thing as too many mugs. Target has this monogram mug in a wide variety of color options. Choose store pickup or head in stores to get this deal ASAP.
Related: We also have gifts under $25 if you want some more inspo.