We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
In a year full of unexpected twists and turns, we all learned new ways to shop, save money, and make the most of our expanded time at home.
After filtering out Black Friday reports for Walmart, Bath & Body Works, and Target, as well as our constantly updated KCL Top Deals article, here are the Top 10 tips of 2020, based on article views:
10. Buying a Cow: Are the Cost and Cuts of Beef Worth It?
We experienced a meat shortage in 2020, and that had people wondering how they could still get a steak.
Our article about buying a butchered cow got lots of interest as people questioned whether buying meat in bulk would give them a bargain. (Spoiler alert: for the most part, it does.)
9. Mistakes to Avoid with Your Air Fryer
We were cooking at home a lot more, and many of us decided it was time to really get to know our air fryers.
Did you know you need to preheat your air fryer before putting food inside? Or that you need a 5-inch buffer for best air flow?
Read all the air fryer tips, and check out KCL’s deals on air fryers.
8. How to Make Hand Sanitizer
Hand sanitizer isn’t exactly cheap, even with our hand sanitizer coupons, but with only 3 ingredients and several tools, this essential health item becomes straight up affordable.
Learn how to make hand sanitizer.
7. Lululemon Hacks That Will Actually Save You Money
Lululemon had a great 2020 as people put away their work clothes and opted for comfort instead. As people were adjusting their wardrobes, we all wanted to know how to save money on Lululemon clothes that we now wear for work, play, sleep, and exercise.
Did you know Lululemon will price match Lululemon.com and vice versa? Check out all the Lululemon hacks.
6. Bath & Body Works’ Candle Day Sale Is Now 3 Days
People love those 3-wick candles. Interest for Bath & Body Works‘ once-a-year candle sale in December was at an all-time high.
Learn more about the three-day sale, or see what we learned about other ways to save on 3-wick candles.
5. 20 Make-Ahead Freezer Dinners for Busy Moms
Making three meals a day for everybody at home can be maddening, so you all dusted off this article to find out how to get ahead of the meal-planning game during quarantine.
From chicken fajitas to meatloaf, these make-ahead recipes were crowd-pleasers.
4. Companies That Send You Products to Test for Free
In a year when money was especially tight, the thought of getting school supplies, household products, apparel, beauty items, and more for free was pretty enticing.
You just can’t ignore free stuff (and moneymakers)!
3. Home Depot Sale Hacks You’ll Regret Not Knowing
We were all stuck inside, staring at the things we always wanted to fix or build or whatever. So off to the hardware store we went. But before dropping some cash at Home Depot, plenty of you learned about their discount schedules, price tag decoding, price matching, and more with our Home Depot hacks.
2. Hobby Lobby Sales and Hacks That’ll Save You Hundreds
Quarantine had us redecorating and taking up crafting. Since Hobby Lobby sells stuff that helps with both of those things, plenty of people wanted to figure out just how to save money when shopping there.
We share what we know about Hobby Lobby coupons, discount schedules, best times to buy, and more — and y’all were here for it.
1. Bath & Body Works Hacks That’ll Blow Your Mind
The KCL crowd loves them some Bath & Body Works, and the top article of 2020 was all about getting the best deal on candles, soaps, lotions, and more.
We talk about stacking coupons and sales, getting freebies, return policies, the best times to shop, and more.
See Bath & Body Works deals on KCL.
Top Coronavirus Content of 2020
These coronavirus-related articles were some of the most popular of the year, telling us what to expect as changes kept coming:
10. Places to Get a Face Mask for Free
9. Car Insurance Refunds Are Coming Soon
8. These Stores Have Updated Return Policies Due to Coronavirus
7. Unfortunate Restaurant Closures Due to Coronavirus
6. When Will You Get Your Stimulus Check?
5. These Stores Are Reopening with Big Sales & Big Changes
4. Stores with Senior Shopping Hours & Other Dedicated Times
3. Complete List of Stores Closing Due to Coronavirus
2. When Do Grocery Stores Restock? Here’s the Scoop