From the Bloomin’ Onion to the amazing honey-molasses bread, Outback Steakhouse is a solid choice for lunch or dinner.
But Outback can be spendy. Like a boomerang, your food bill can come back around to haunt you. They say, “No rules; just right,” but there are definitely some rules when it comes to saving money at Outback.
We have all the tips you need to know, like navigating the Outback Steakhouse menu, learning how to get the best Outback coupons, and finding out when the Outback happy hour is.
1. Join the Outback Rewards program to earn points towards a $5 Outback coupon.
The Outback Rewards program is shared with the other restaurants in the Bloomin’ Brands group — Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, and Fleming’s Steakhouse.
When you join the Dine Rewards program, every $70 you spend at the four restaurants gets you a $5 Outback coupon (which you could spend at any of those restaurants).
The $5 reward will expire 90 days after you earn it. All you need to do is give your server your phone number before placing your order to earn points and use your coupon.
TIP: You can earn multiple rewards per visit — up to 42 $5 Outback coupons per visit. You would have to spend $2,940 to reach that maximum.
2. Before you dine in, browse the Outback specials page to see every Outback Steakhouse deal available.
Outback puts all of their current promos and deals on the Outback specials page on the website.
Last time I looked, they had 20 different specials listed, but only a few of them were deals:
- $7 Cocktails (reg. $8.29) — a 15.6% discount.
- Upgrade a 6 oz sirloin to 8 oz for only $2 more — a 33.3% discount.
- Buy a $50 gift card and get $10 back — 20% cash back.
3. The Outback lunch menu has huge discounts but sometimes smaller portions.
The Outback lunch menu is available from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays. It’s definitely the best time to eat at Outback Steakhouse because it offers noteworthy discounts on all your favorites — including sirloin steaks.
Some menu items, like the Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie and Gold Coast Coconut Shrimp, have smaller portions, but each item comes with a side of fries or mixed veggies.
- $8.99 Unlimited Soup & Salad
- $9.99 Menu
- 5 oz Grilled Chicken on the Barbie (reg. $14.99) — 33.3% cheaper
- 6 Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie (reg. $20.99) — 52.4% cheaper
- 6 Gold Coast Coconut Shrimp (reg. $12.49) — 20% cheaper
- $10.99 Menu
- 5 oz Alice Springs Chicken (reg. $17.99) — 38.9% cheaper
- Bloomin’ Lunch Chicken (reg. $12.99) — 15.3% cheaper
- Prime Rib Sandwich (reg. $14.99) — 26.6% cheaper
- $11.99 Menu
- 6 oz Outback Center-Cut Sirloin (reg. $13.99) — 14.2% cheaper
- The Outbacker Burger (reg. $12.99) — 7.6% cheaper
4. Get half-priced appetizers and BOGO drinks during Outback happy hour.
Outback happy hour has some of the best happy hour deals we’ve seen. Most Outback Steakhouse happy hours are from 5 – 7 p.m. You can head to your local Outback Steakhouse and fill up on half-priced appetizers and BOGO drinks.
Some Outbacks have different happy hour times, so make sure to check out your local Outback to see if they are offering happy hour at the same time.
5. The cheapest item on the Outback menu is the Outback Burger.
Eating at Outback Steakhouse can be expensive, but the cheapest item on the Outback menu is the Outback Burger for only $12.99. This comes with your choice of side as well.
TIP: Soda is expensive at Outback Steakhouse and costs around $3.19. Just skip the soda and stick to water.
6. Use the Outback app to order online and put yourself on a waitlist.
With the Outback app, you can place a pickup order and bookmark your favorite orders for easy access. The best part about the Outback app is the ability to put yourself on a waitlist for the restaurant. (You can also set up an Outback reservation online through their website.)
Plus, you get exclusive Outback coupons once a month, such as $4 off the lunch menu or a free Bloomin’ Onion with the purchase of an entree. These coupons can be used once per Outback Rewards account.
If you’re wondering which restaurant apps are worth downloading, we know all the best restaurant rewards programs you need to join.
7. Get a discounted Outback gift card to receive a 10% discount every time you go to Outback Steakhouse.
You should never pay full price at Outback Steakhouse, and when you buy an Outback gift card from Raise.com, you’ll receive an automatic 10% discount.
That’s because at Raise, you pay less than the amount loaded onto the card: instant savings on an electronic gift card you receive almost immediately.
8. Jump on Outback gift card deals to get 20% cash back on your gift card purchases.
Outback Steakhouse runs gift card promotions that give customers a $10 Outback coupon when they purchase a $50 Outback gift card. They tend to run this every two to three months; here are the last few times they offered this:
- November 2021
- February 2022
- April 2022
The $10 Outback coupon will be valid for up to two months after you receive the coupon.
9. Order Outback delivery from DoorDash for the cheapest delivery fee.
The best delivery fee on average from third-party delivery apps comes from DoorDash. We’ve done the research across the country to find the best place to order Outback delivery:
10. You can only order off the Outback kids menu if you’re younger than 10.
The Outback kids menu is only available to kids 10 and under, so if you were hoping to get a kids’ Joey Sirloin (5 oz) for $9.99 at the restaurant, you’re out of luck.
However, if you order Outback delivery, you can order whatever you want.
11. Outback Bread is unlimited, so don’t order an appetizer — fill up on bread instead.
Outback bread is a honey and molasses wheat roll that goes great with all their entrees.
The best part is that it’s unlimited, so if you run out of bread during your meal, you can always ask for more. You can even ask for more with a takeout box as leftovers.
TIP: When you order Outback takeout, you’ll always get a side of bread.
12. The cheapest Outback steak you can get is the Outback Center-Cut Sirloin.
There are eight different kinds of Outback steak you can get, but the Outback Center-Cut Sirloin has the lowest price tag. The cheapest cost per ounce of steak is actually the most expensive steak on the menu, the 22-oz Melbourne Porterhouse, which costs only $1.48/oz.
Here’s the rundown:
- 11 oz Outback Center-Cut Sirloin: $20.99, $1.90/oz
- 6 oz Victoria’s Filet Mignon: $24.49, $4.08/oz
- 12 oz Ribeye: $24.49, $2.04/oz
- 12 oz Classic Prime Rib: $25.99, $2.17/oz
- 12 oz Outback-Style Prime Rib: $25.99, $2.17/oz
- 16 oz Bone-In New York Strip: $26.49, $1.66/oz
- 18 oz Bone-In Ribeye: $29.49, $1.64/oz
- 22 oz Melbourne Porterhouse: $32.49, $1.48/oz
TIP: Outback employees have said online that if you order your steak well done, you will get a cheaper cut of meat since the steaks are all cooked at the same temp at the same time.
13. Check out these Outback menu hacks that won’t cost you a thing.
There aren’t many Outback menu hacks, but here are some of our favorites that we’ve found on Outback TikToks:
- Ask for a side of raspberry sauce with your bread and butter. Add the sauce to the butter to create a raspberry dipping sauce for the bread.
- You can order your steamed veggies to be grilled instead.
- Ask for Bloomin’ Onion sauce on the side as a dipping sauce for your fries or steak.
14. Outback is the only place to get the Bloomin’ Onion — no more Awesome Blossom.
As of January 2022, the biggest competition to Outback’s Bloomin’ Onion — Chili’s Awesome Blossom — has been discontinued.
Chili’s and Longhorn Steakhouse have similar fried onion “petals” in a pile, but they’re not the same.
15. Visit Outback Steakhouse on your birthday to receive a free dessert.
When you go to Outback Steakhouse on your birthday, you’ll get a free dessert — worth up to $10. Just let your server know that it’s your birthday, and you’ll get a dessert at the end of your meal.
Plus, you should check out all the places you can get deals and freebies on your birthday.
16. Go to Outback Steakhouse in mid-November for Steak and Unlimited Shrimp for $15.99.
Look out for Steak and Unlimited Shrimp every November for only $15.99. That’s even cheaper than the Center-Cut Sirloin (by 23.8%), plus you’ll get the unlimited shrimp.
This deal hasn’t been confirmed for 2022 yet, but we expect an announcement sometime in October.
17. Outback Steakhouse employees get 20% off all their food.
If you start an Outback Steakhouse career, you’ll get a 20% discount on your food whether you’re working or off the clock.
It’s not great, but we know the best employee discounts you can get.
18. Get a 10% discount at Outback Steakhouse with an AARP card or military ID.
If you have an AARP card (and really, why shouldn’t you since you can get one at any age) or military ID, you’ll get a 10% discount from Outback Steakhouse every time you bring your card. Outback is one of the many places you can get a military discount and senior discount.