If you love that chicken from Popeyes, we’ve got great news. We’re sharing all the ways you can get Popeyes chicken coupons, how to use the Popeyes app, and how to make the best Popeyes biscuits at home. Ever wondered about exactly how savings works on the Popeye’s Happy Hour menu? Or some quick hacks to find the best Popeye’s chicken deals? Use these tips for free food, coupons, and more.
But we’ll always keep you updated on the best Popeyes deals when you download the KCL app.
1. The Popeyes offers page has all the best Popeyes chicken coupons.
The best place to find Popeyes coupons will always be the Popeyes offers page on their website. It’ll have the most up-to-date information on all the Popeyes deals and specials that are available, but some Popeyes offers may vary depending on your location.
Here are just a few of the best Popeye’s deals we’ve found:
- $5 Shrimp Tackle Box — Originally $7.69 (35% discount)
- $29.99 14 Pc Family Meal — 12 Pc is $30.99 and 16 Pc is $39.99
- $6.99 3 Pc Tender Combo — Originally $9.49 (26.3% discount)
2. Download the Popeyes app and start earning your way to free Popeyes chicken.
With the Popeyes app (iOS / Android) and a Popeyes Rewards account, you’ll earn 10 points for every $1 spent through the app or online. Once you reach 150 points (or $15 spent), you can redeem those points for free Popeyes biscuits.
Plus, when you first download the Popeyes app and register, you’ll get a Popeyes coupon for a free small drink, free regular side, or free apple pie.
Tip: Check out the daily challenges on the Popeyes app since they can reward you with even more points on your purchase. For example, you’ll sometimes be able to get 50 extra points for purchasing a combo and 100 points for ordering a family meal.
3. Use your Popeyes app points on free Popcorn Shrimp to get the most out of your points.
You can use your Popeyes app rewards points to get almost anything off the Popeyes menu, but not all menu items are created equally. Here’s what you should use your Popeyes app points for to get the most value for your money:
- Spend $50, get a free Popcorn Shrimp (reg. $8.29) — 16.6% cashback
- Spend $55, get a free 2 Pc Signature Chicken (reg. $7.79) — 14.2% cashback
- Spend $65, get a free 3 Pc Signature Chicken (reg. $8.99) — 13.8% cashback
- Spend $20, get a free Regular Fries (reg. $2.69) — 13.5% cashback
- Spend $20, get a free Regular Mashed Potatoes (reg. $2.69) — 13.5% cashback
And if you were curious, you should never use your points on these items because it’s not a great value:
- Spend $15, get 2 Biscuits (reg. $1.19) — 7.9% cashback
- Spend $35, get a Medium Drink (reg. $2.69) — 7.7% cashback
- Spend $55, get an 8 Pc Nuggets (reg. $3.99) — 7.3% cashback
- Spend $70, get Large Fries (reg. $5.09) — 7.3% cashback
- Spend $70, get Large Mashed Potatoes (reg. $5.09) — 7.3% cashback
4. Order from the Popeyes Happy Hour menu with the Popeyes app and get 85% off all sides.
Every Tuesday and Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., you’ll get to order from the Popeyes Happy Hour menu on the Popeyes app and enjoy Popeye’s popular $1 sides — one of the best sides deals out there. Every side (reg. $6.09) from that menu will only cost $1 — an 85.6% discount.
5. Get a free apple pie every year by registering your birthday on the Popeyes app.
When you put your birthday into the Popeyes app, you’ll get a free apple pie (reg. $1.69) every year on your birthday. This coupon will only be valid on your birthday through the app.
6. If you just want Popeyes chicken, order the 10-piece box for the best price per piece.
Most Popeyes menu options for the signature chicken include either a side or a biscuit, but if you just want the signature chicken, the best deal is the 10-piece box since you’ll be saving up to 66.7% per piece of chicken:
- 2 Pc: $7.79 ($3.90/piece)
- 3 Pc: $8.99 ($3.00/piece)
- 4 Pc: $10.19 ($2.55/piece)
- 10 Pc: $16.99 ($1.70/piece)
- 12 Pc: $30.99 ($2.58/piece)
- 16 Pc: $39.99 ($2.50/piece)
7. Popeyes beats out KFC on price, but only when you order a 10 piece.
KFC vs Popeyes? While we can’t say for sure which chicken tastes better, we do know that you’ll be paying less per piece of chicken when you order a 10 piece from Popeyes.
KFC’s cheapest chicken bucket is the 16-piece for $32.59 (or $2.04 per piece of chicken).
8. A Popeyes chicken sandwich is cheaper than a Chick-fil-A and KFC chicken sandwich.
The Popeyes chicken sandwich is one of the cheaper chicken sandwiches out there at $4.49 per sandwich. Both Chick-fil-A and KFC’s chicken sandwiches are more expensive, so if you are looking for a cheaper chicken sandwich, you should go with the Popeyes chicken sandwich:
- Popeyes: $4.49
- Chick-fil-A: $4.65 — 3.4% more expensive
- KFC: $4.99 — 10% more expensive
9. Get your Popeyes delivery from Uber Eats for the cheapest delivery fee — as low as $0.49.
If you’re ordering Popeyes delivery, you should order from Uber Eats for the cheapest delivery fees. We’ve researched several locations and found that Uber Eats has the cheapest delivery fees overall:
- DoorDash: $3.99 delivery fee
- Uber Eats: $0.49 delivery fee
- Grubhub: $2.99 delivery fee
10. It’s easy to unlock the Popeyes secret menu with little to no additional charges.
You’ll have to mix and match to create the items on the Popeyes secret menu for yourself, but for a majority of the items, you’ll just have to ask for additional sauces to make Popeyes magic. Here are a few items to create on the Popeye’s secret menu:
- Cajun Gravy Fries — $4.68
- Cajun Fries: $2.69
- Ask for a side of gravy: Depends on the Popeyes, but I’ve seen it get as high as $1.99
- Chicken Ranch Sandwich — $4.49
- Chicken Sandwich: $4.49
- Ranch Sauce: no charge
- Chicken Biscuit — $9.18
- Chicken Tenders: $7.99
- Biscuits: $1.19
- Sweet & Spicy Red Beans and Rice — $2.69
- Beans and Rice: $2.69
- 2 packets of honey and 1 pack of hot sauce: no charge
- Cinnamon Sugar Biscuit — $1.19
- Biscuit: $1.19
- Ask to have it coated in the cinnamon sugar: no charge
- Cajun Sparkle — no charge
- This is a spice that they put on almost everything. You can ask for extra Cajun Sparkle for no charge.
11. Take a Popeyes survey after your visit to get a free Popeyes coupon worth up to $7.79.
After your visit to Popeyes, take a survey at www.tellpopeyes.com to receive a free Popeyes coupon. My coupon was for a free two-piece meal (reg. $7.79) with the purchase of a large drink (reg. $3.19).
You’ll need to complete the Popeyes survey within two days to receive your coupons.
This is just one of the ways you can get free food at restaurants — no complaining necessary.
12. Getting the Popeyes Family Meals will save you as much as 38%.
The Popeyes Family Meals are a great way to get lots of Popeyes at a discount. Here’s everything you can get from the Popeyes Family Meals menu:
- Bigger Family Meals: $60 ($97.55 if you order its contents separately — a 38.5% discount)
- 12 Pc Signature Chicken — $30.99
- 5 Chicken Sandwiches — $8.99/sandwich
- 2 Large Sides — $5.09/side
- 5 Biscuits — $1.19/2 biscuits
- 5 Apple Pies — $1.69/pie
- 20 Pc Tenders Meal: $40.99 ($54.01 if you order its contents separately — a 24.1% discount)
- 20 Pc Tenders — $16.99 for 10 Pc Tenders
- 3 Large Sides — $5.09/side
- 8 Biscuits — $1.19/2 biscuits
- 16 Pc Tenders Meal: $33.99 ($40.93 if you order its contents separately — a 16.9% discount)
- 16 Pc Tenders Meal — $16.99 for 10 Pc Tenders
- 2 Large Sides — $5.09/side
- 6 Biscuits — $1.19/2 biscuits
13. The benefits of Popeyes jobs will get you 50% off your meals.
One of the benefits of Popeyes jobs? You’ll get a 50% discount on every item you purchase from Popeyes. Plus, you’ll get a free two-piece tender with a biscuit (reg. $7.99) on your meal break.
Tip: There isn’t any senior, student, teacher, or military discount at Popeyes, but we know all the senior discounts, student discounts, teacher discounts, and military discounts you can get with your ID.
14. Celebrate Thanksgiving with your own Popeyes Turkey.
Every year, you can get a Popeyes turkey on Thanksgiving for $39.99 – $59.99. You won’t be able to get this through the Popeyes app or website, and you should always call your local Popeyes before heading out since this is a popular item for the holidays.
15. Use Apple Pay at Popeyes for a quick purchase.
Does Popeyes take Apple Pay and Google Pay? Yes, Popeyes does accept Apple Pay and Google Pay, so if you want to pay for your Popeyes with your phone, just tap it at the register (after uploading your information to your phone, of course).
16. Buy a discounted Popeyes gift card on Raise.com to save money on every purchase.
You can get a discounted Popeyes gift card from Raise.com to receive a permanent discount on all your Popeyes purchases. If they don’t have gift cards available, set a brand alert to be notified when they are restocked.
Tip: Be sure to check out the Dining Discount Pass from Restaurant.com to see if they have any Popeyes coupons. When I checked, they had a coupon for a free 2 Pc dinner (reg. $7.79) with the purchase of a 3 Pc dinner & two medium drinks (reg. $14.37).
17. Make your own Popeyes biscuits at home.
Popeyes biscuits are great, and with this Popeyes biscuit recipe, you can make as much as you want in your own home.
You’ll need these ingredients to make your own Popeyes Biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter to spread on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Slice butter into small chunks and add to the dry ingredients. Use a knife to mix as you cut the butter into small pieces or use a pastry blender.
- Stir in buttermilk and milk until dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ½-inch thickness.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a glass, cut biscuits and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until light brown.
- Top with melted butter and serve.
18. Don’t get your hopes up for the Popeyes buffet — it doesn’t exist anymore.
The Popeyes buffet was a rare kind of Popeyes restaurant where you could have all-you-can-eat Popeyes for only $8.99. Unfortunately, Popeyes buffet locations don’t exist anymore and have been discontinued since 2021.