We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Out of all our tips for saving on Target school supplies, this one really stands out in the crowd. Every year, there’s a Target school supplies coupon available through Target Circle. Though it’s typically only valid for 24 hours, this coupon can boost your back-to-school savings big time — by at least an extra 15%.
With the exception of 2021, we’ve seen Target drop this coupon in July every year since 2016. The discount ranges from 15% – 20% off and applies to a variety of school supplies (that are most definitely on your shopping list this year). Also, you can stack this coupon with Target sale prices and your 5% RedCard discount, giving you savings of up to 75% off regular prices.
If you’ve been scanning our Back-to-School Stock-Up Price List wondering how you’ll ever score such low prices, this is your answer. Here’s everything we know about the Target school supplies coupon and what to expect in 2023.
1. We predict the Target school supplies coupon will drop on July 15, 2023.
Target has been more unpredictable than ever in 2023 (in the best way possible, of course). But even so, we believe the Target school supplies coupon will drop on July 15, 2023, based on past trends.
That just happens to be the last day of Target Circle Week, a seven-day savings event with deals that compete with Amazon Prime Day.
Two things to know about the school supplies coupon:
- Target pushes this coupon through Target Circle, so you have to be a Circle member to use it. If you’re not a member yet, you can easily sign up online (it’s free, don’t worry)!
- The coupon is usually valid for one day only. So you’ll have to act fast to score the best deals on school supplies.
2. Expect to save an extra 15% – 20% with the coupon.
Target historically offers either 15% or 20% off select school supplies with this Circle coupon. Here’s what we’ve seen over the last four years:
- 2022: 20% off select school supplies (July 16)
- 2021: N/A
- 2020: 15% off select school supplies (July 24)
- 2019: 15% off select school supplies (July 26)
Target switches up which items are eligible for the coupon each year, but you can expect a decent selection of school supplies to qualify. We’ve seen pens, pencils, index cards, glue sticks, scissors, notebooks, folders, and so much more for under $1 with the coupon discount.
3. Use the coupon to buy school supplies in-store, online, or in the Target app.
As soon as the Target school supplies coupon drops, save it to your Circle account online or in the Target app. Then, shop for all the school items eligible for the discount.
If you shop online or in the app, your coupon will automatically apply to eligible items in your order. If you shop in-store, scan your Circle barcode in the app to apply the coupon at checkout.
4. Look for rare savings on Crayola products with the coupon discount.
Crayola products are some of the best items to buy with Target’s school supplies coupon. With the extra 15% – 20% discount, you’ll score Crayola crayons, markers, colored pencils, and more at prices even Walmart can’t beat.
These are some of Target’s Crayola prices last year with the coupon discount, all of which were lower than prices at Walmart:
- 24-Count Crayola Crayons — $0.38 (reg. $1.49)
- 10-Count Crayola Classic Broadline Markers — $0.75 (reg. $2.69)
- 12-Count Crayola Pre-Sharpened Colored Pencils — $0.75 (reg. $1.99)
5. Stack the school supplies coupon with your 5% RedCard savings.
The best part about this one-day-only Target Circle coupon? You can stack it with your 5% Target RedCard discount to save even more on school supplies.
When you combine the coupon with back-to-school sale prices and your RedCard savings, you’ll set yourself up for 75% (or more) off regular prices.