We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
What good are your smart-shopping skills if you’re simply too late to the punch? When it comes to the best sales of the year — like Prime Day and Black Friday in July sales at Target and Walmart — the risk of items selling out is a real threat. So many of the best deals come screaming out of the gate, only to totally sell out immediately. Sometimes within minutes. Hours, if you’re lucky.
So, this is your official heads up about what hot items are destined to sell out first during sales like Amazon Prime Day, Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, Target and Walmart’s versions of Prime Day, and more. If you’re in the market for any of these items, or if you see one that’s on your holiday shopping list, be sure to shop immediately once the sale is live. No FOMO for you this year, because when it comes to these sales, you’re gonna be first in line.
For more smart shopping tips and savings hacks, text HACKS to 57299.
1. AirPods, Echo bundles, and cleaning devices are the hottest items during Amazon Prime Day (July 11 – 12).
I probably don’t need to explain how rad Amazon Prime Day is. Or that it’s the best time of year to shop on Amazon. Or that once the deals are revealed, you can add them to your cart ahead of time, so you’re ready to pull the trigger the very second they go live. So, I won’t.
If you have AirPods, a Ring doorbell system, or an Alexa device on your shopping list, the two-day Prime Day sale is the best time to snatch those up. Prices dip insanely low, and these items are always the first to sell out. Here’s what’s available right now, along with what I saw in 2022:
Early Amazon Prime Day Deals 2023:
Hottest Amazon Prime Day Bestsellers on KCL in 2022:
- Essence Lash Princess Mascara, as low as $3.79 (reg. $4.99) — 24% off
- Hasbro Games, as low as $3.99 (reg. $11.99+)
- Bunch O’ Balloons 100-Count Water Balloons, $4.99 (reg. $9.99) — 50% off
- Duracell Optimum AA Battery 12-Pack, $7.97 (reg. $17.29) — 54% off
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, $16.99 (reg. $39.99) — 58% off
- Blink Mini Cameras 2-Pack, $29.99 (reg. $64.99) — 54% off
- Bissell Lightweight Steam Mop, $39 (reg. $64.99) — 40% off
- Apple AirTag 4-Pack, $84.99 (reg. $99) — 14% off
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case (2nd Generation), $99 (reg. $119.98) — 17% off
- Apple AirPods Pro with MagSafe Charging Case, $169.99 (reg. $249) — 32% off
2. Electronics, kids’ apparel, and Dyson vacuums will be hot during Target Circle Week (July 9 – 15).
What was once called Target Deal Days has been rebranded for 2023 as Target Circle Week. Honestly? I don’t care what Target calls it as long as they keep the summer deals coming. Here are a few things to keep your eyes peeled for, as certain categories (kids’ clothing, toys, Keurig machines, and Dyson vacuums) always tend to sell out fast.
Hottest Target Circle Week in July Deals We’ll See in 2023:
- Keurig K-Mini Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker, $59.99 (reg. $89.99) — 43% off
- Dyson V8 Origin Cordless Stick Vacuum, $299.99 (reg. $429.99) — 30% off
- Lenovo 15.6″ Touchscreen IdeaPad 3i laptop, $389.99 (reg. $739.99) — 47% off
- 50% off select Sun Squad summer items like outdoor pools and water toys
- 30% off select kids’ apparel
3. Smart TVs, headphones, and robot vacuums will likely fly off the shelves during Walmart+ Week (July 10 – 13).
Walmart, like Target, has struggled to land on an identity for their summer sale, but again, names matter very little as long as they keep those prices low. In fact, during Walmart+ Week, which is what this sale is called in 2023, some home goods are cheaper than they are during Black Friday. Another great thing to focus on during this sale is toys. They sell out fast, but you can get some deep savings (up to 70% off!).
Walmart’s event is similar to Amazon Prime Day in that it’s only a few days long. If you’re a Walmart Plus member, you’ll get access to the deals starting July 10 at noon ET. For everyone else, the deals open up on July 11 at noon ET.
Here are a few items that we expect to be Walmart bestsellers during Prime Week.
Hottest Walmart+ Week Deals We’ll See in 2023:
- Samsung Buds+ True Wireless Headphones, $49 (reg. $135.33) — 64% off
- Solo Stove Mesa Tabletop Fire Pit with Stand, $64.99 (reg. $97.97) — 34% off
- Shark AI Ultra Robot Vacuum, $298 (reg. $599) — 50% off
- TCL 65″ 4K HDR Smart Roku TV, $348 (reg. $699.99) — 50% off
- Better Homes & Gardens Bryde Sectional Patio Sofa, $498 (reg. $698) — 29% off
- Vizio 75″ Class MQ6 Series 4K QLED HDR Smart TV, $698 (reg. $898) — 22% off
4. Spanx, Ugg, Living Proof, and Olaplex are a few of the hottest brands of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (July 17).
You can get early access to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale if you’re a Nordstrom card member. Depending on your tiered status, you can shop as early as July 11, 2023 — six days earlier than the general public. So, that’s one easy way to get first dibs on premium beauty brands like Olaplex and Living Proof. Or brands like Ugg, Spanx (which hardly ever goes on sale), and more. If any of these are on your list, plan to buy first and ask questions later once the sale starts.
Hottest Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Deals We Saw in 2022:
- Spanx Faux Leather Leggings, $64.90 (reg. $98) — 34% off
- Ugg Shearling Slipper, $69.90 (reg. $100) — 30% off
- Olaplex Bond Maintenance Set, $99 (reg. $137) — 28% off
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Set, $99 (reg. $170) — 42% off
5. Prestige makeup brands like Urban Decay and Smashbox go fast during the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty.
We just had the spring Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Sale in April, but watch for it to come around again in August, leading into September.
This is the best time of year to buy prestige brand makeup. Not all prestige brands go on sale during this time, but most recently, I’ve seen brands like Smashbox, Too Faced, Urban Decay, and more for up to 50% off. These are the deals everyone will be focusing on, and they’re what will sell out first — so if you want a piece of that pie, buy as soon as the deals are live!
Hottest Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Deals from Spring 2023:
- Urban Decay Cosmetics 24/7 Eyeshadow, $10.50 (reg. $21) — 50% off
- Lancome Lash Idole Lash-Lifting & Volumizing Mascara, $15 (reg. $30) — 50% off
- Smashbox Primer, $21 (reg. $42) — 50% off