As if you need another excuse to make a Target run, I’m here to tell you that they have some freakin’ great deals on kids’ clothes if you know how to get them.
Follow these tips and you’ll never pay full price on those Cat & Jack leggings again.
1. The best day to shop is Monday when Target clearances kids’ clothing.
Target clearance is how I afford to keep my kids in cute clothes.
Target increases its discount every 10-14 days. Check the top right corner to find the discount amount — 30, 50, 70, etc.
TIP: Sales drop Sunday, so getting in on Monday assures that you’ll get the best of that inventory, too.
2. If the price ends in .04, then it’s the lowest it’s gonna go.
You can also look for a 70 or a 90 in the top right corner, because that will also indicate that the price won’t drop any further.
3. Check Circle for offers and discounts.
You’ll often find offers for children’s clothing every other month or so. Look for general offers like 20% off all kids’ clothes, and specific offers like 10% off all Cat & Jack accessories.
Circle offers are accessible from the home screen of the Target app. Once you download the app, just tap “Target Circle offers” to add any Circle offer to your wallet.
Psst: We’ve broken it all down in depth with Target Circle Offers Savings for Everyone and We Are in Love!
4. Don’t forget to check for extra coupons in the “wallet” of your Target app.
Look for the little wallet symbol at the bottom of the page when you open your app. Once you tap it, you’ll see “Show extra offers” at the bottom. Tap this and you’ll see any extra coupon offers like “$5 off Target Optical purchase.”
TIP: You can stack coupons in your wallet and Circle offers for bigger savings!
5. Ask for a price adjustment if you didn’t realize you had a Circle offer when you made your purchase.
It happens. We buy something only to find out there was a Circle offer after we already paid.
Target will make price adjustments for 14 days after a purchase. Just take your item to Customer Service and explain your issue. They’ll return your item then re-ring it with your Circle offer applied. It’s fast, easy, and you get to save even more money.
6. Stack coupons, sales, Ibotta and Circle offers on national brands.
Stacking at Target is my favorite. Here’s how a perfect deal would line up:
Buy 1 Hanes Boys’ 12pk Cushion Crew Socks on sale for $7.99 (reg. $8.59)
Add a 10% off Circle offer
Use $1.00/1 manufacturer coupon
Use $2.00 Ibotta rebate
That’s a savings of 51%!
7. Shop online during the end of a season for extra coupon codes.
Target drops online exclusive promo codes ranging from 10-30% off at the end of most seasons. Pay special attention in December/January and June/July.
You can also just follow our Target deals page, and we’ll let you know exactly when those promo codes are offered.
8. Save up to 50% on national brands like OshKosh and Carter’s by buying their Target-exclusive lines.
OshKosh and Carter’s make some cute clothes, but they can get spendy fast. Lucky for us, Carter’s and OshKosh created lines just for Target — Just One You and Genuine Kids.
As an example, toddler boys’ T-shirts start at $18.00 regular price at OshKosh, but they retail at $8.99 at Target. The designs may differ a bit, but it’s the same quality and cute factor.
9. Return Target brand items up to a year after you buy them.
Target has a lot of confidence that their in-house brands are gonna hold up, because they’ll give you a full year to return them.
Target-exclusive kids’ clothes include:
- Cat & Jack
- Art Class
- Genuine Kids (made by OshKosh)
- Just One You (made by Carter’s)
- C9 by Champion (athletic wear)
- Vineyard Vines (limited edition line coming May 2019)
National brands that Target carries include:
- Umbro (athletic wear)
- Fruit of the Loom
10. Stock up on Cat & Jack when they are priced $3.00 or less.
These pieces go on sale and/or clearance at least once a month. They retail starting at $6.00, but Target sales will often put them at $4.50 or less. And I’ve even found clearance Cat & Jack leggings for less than $2.00! When this happens, I buy one in every color and style!
11. Buy C9 by Champion and skip the Umbro if you want good athletic wear for less.
Umbro is great, but C9 is just as good and will likely go on sale or clearance for less. Plus, there is a wider variety of C9 to choose from!
12. Buy Cat & Jack socks for less than $1.00 a pair.
These Cat & Jack Boys’ Athletic Socks are Target’s best selling socks for boys. They retail at $7.99 for 10 pairs, making them just $0.79 a pair.
TIP: These always go on clearance in February and September. Snatch them up then and get them for as low as $2.98 a package, or $0.30/pair.
13. Buy Disney clothes at Target and save 55%.
14. Price match national brands, like Hanes and Fruit of the Loom, with the Amazon app barcode scanner.
If Amazon sells the item for a lower price, then Target will honor it. They’ll also honor online prices from Walmart or any other major retailer. Just pull the price up on your phone and show the cashier.
15. Participate in Target’s electronics trade-in program for free gift cards to use on children’s clothes.
Target accepts used phones, tablets, speakers and more in their trade-in program. Bring in what you don’t want, and they’ll give you a gift card to spend on anything in the store — including kids’ clothes.
Check out Target’s list of acceptable trade-in items here.
16. Use your RedCard debit card to save an extra 5%.
You’ll also get free shipping when you shop online and an extra 30 days to return merchandise!