We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Amazon Prime Early Access Sale is officially live. It’s a 48-hour event of deals that’ll take place between Oct. 11 at midnight PT and 11:59 p.m. PT Oct. 12.
Amazon promises “hundreds of thousands” of deals on electronics, fashion, home, kitchen, pets, toys, and Amazon devices (and we already saw early Prime Day sales, too!). We’re rounding up the best October Prime Day deals below and sharing how you can prep for Amazon’s epic holiday shopping event. If you want in on the deals, remember — you must be a Prime member.
To get the best Fall Prime Day deals sent right to your phone, text AMAZON to 57299 on your mobile device.
OK, here’s everything to know about October Prime Day, including the best deals we’re seeing available.
Amazon Prime Early Access Sale — aka the October Prime Day sale — will run Oct. 11 & 12, 2022.
For the first time ever, Amazon has introduced a second Prime Day sale, running from midnight PT on Oct. 11 (3 a.m. ET), to 11:59 p.m. PT on Oct. 12 (2:59 a.m. ET on Oct. 13).
The Prime Early Access sale is brand-new for 2022, but shoppers got a taste of a Fall Prime Day back in 2020 when the pandemic saw regular old Prime Day postponed from July to October — and it was the biggest Prime Day sales-wise at that time.
While there are obviously lots of deals we won’t know about until Oct. 11, Amazon has specifically called out incoming deals on Alexa-enabled devices, Samsung TVs, Lego, Peloton bikes, Philips Sonicare toothbrushes, and New Balance shoes and apparel.
Amazon Prime Day October Deals
- Up to 55% off Alexa devices
- 50% off select headphones, earbuds, and speakers from Bose, Sony, and JBL
- Up to 50% off select electric toothbrushes from Oral-B and Philips Sonicare
- Up to 50% off select Hasbro toys
- Up to 45% off select vacuums from Shark and iRobot
- Up to 40% off select power tools from brands like Black+Decker, Bosch, Dewalt, and GearWrench
- 40% off select products from Keurig
- Up to 40% off select Ninja products
- Up to 40% off select Vitamix blenders
- Up to 40% off select Barbie dolls
- Up to 35% off select laptops and accessories from Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Lenovo, and LG
- 30% off select Lego sets
- Up to 30% off select hair products from Drybar, Living Proof, Olaplex, and R+Co
- 30% off select lip masks and balms from Laneige
- Up to 30% off select Solo Stove fire pits and accessories
- 30% off Casper pillows and mattress toppers
- Up to 30% off select Orolay coats including vests, trench coats, and down jackets
- Up to 30% off top shoes and apparel styles from New Balance
1. Browse the Fall Prime Day deals & save your favorites before it begins Oct. 11.
Go to the Prime Early Access Sale main page, click on “Today’s Deals,” and then check the box for “Prime Early Access Deals” in the left column.
If you’re browsing before the sale begins, there won’t be any live deals listed, but you’ll be able to see which lightning deals are coming up and when the sales begin (you’ll see the time, in your local time zone, listed in red). There’s no price listed, and when you click on the product detail page, it has the current price.
If you’re interested in any of the items, you have the ability to add them to your watch list by clicking a button below each listing. That way you can come back to your shopping list and see how good (or bad) the deal is during the Early Access Sale.
Better yet, you can use any Alexa devices you have to alert you of product sales. Here’s how:
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile device
- Tap “More” at the bottom of the screen
- Tap Settings > Notifications > Amazon Shopping
- In the Shopping Recommendations, toggle the button for Deal Recommendations
Then every time you add a product to a wish list or watch list, Alexa will notify you up to 24 hours before the product goes on sale.
2. Download the Amazon app — it could earn you $5 off a $10 purchase.
If you’ve never used the Amazon mobile app, $5 might be the push you need. Brand-new users of the app who make their purchase will get $5 off a $10 purchase. If you’ve already downloaded the app, you’re out of luck.
A quick click (from your mobile device) will let you know if you’re eligible for the Amazon app coupon. You should probably wait until the sale begins (Oct. 11) so you can apply that free $5 to your Early Access purchases.
3. Collect your old electronics — you can trade them in for free Amazon credits.
Just like Prime Day in July, the Early Access Sale will feature plenty of discounts on Amazon devices like Fire tablets, Echo devices, and Amazon-owned iRobot Roomba.
If you’re looking to trade in and trade up during the holidays, gather up your dusty old devices and use Amazon Trade-In to get Amazon credit that’ll cut down on your new electronics purchase.
The amount of credits you receive depends on your item. I sent in an Echo and got a code for 20% off a new Echo. Here are some examples of common trade-in values:
- Echo Show (1st Generation) Black: $30 Amazon gift card
- Ring Video Doorbell 2 with HD Video: $15 Amazon gift card
- All Amazon Fire TV devices & Fire TV Sticks: $0.99 Amazon gift card (even in bad condition with no accessories)
- Echo (3rd Gen): $25 Amazon gift card
Learn more about how Amazon Trade-In works.
4. Sign up for a 30-day Prime trial before Oct. 11.
Plain and simple, you have to be a Prime member to shop the Early Access Sale. Is a Prime membership worth it? The good news is, you don’t have to decide just yet.
Amazon offers a free 30-day Prime membership trial, and although they won’t charge you until after the month is over, they do require a current, valid credit card. If you want to keep it and watch Thursday Night Football on Prime Video, cool. If you don’t want to pay the $139/year membership fee, just make sure you cancel before the end of the 30 days.
Note: If you’ve been an Amazon Prime member in the last 12 months, you’re not eligible to sign up for a free trial.
5. Get your Amazon October Prime Day notifications ready so you don’t miss a deal.
While it’s really handy to build your Fall Prime Day watch list (see Tip 1), there are a couple of problems with that approach. First, that list doesn’t include everything that’ll be on sale. Second, nobody has the time to sort through pages and pages of deals.
Good news: We do that for you. Here are the notifications you need to set up before Oct. 11 hits:
- KCL Amazon text alerts: Text AMAZON to 57299 and we’ll send you a text whenever there’s a killer Amazon deal you can’t miss. Standard messaging rates apply.
- KCL app deal alerts: After you download the KCL app, log in and then tap the circle in the upper right corner. Select “Notification Settings” and select the various brands you want to save money on. When Fall Prime Day rolls around (and, admittedly, before it begins), we’ll let you know when those brands and products have a deal.