We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Just like in 2020, Sam’s Club’s 2021 events will stretch Black Friday out over the course of a few months. In 2020, Sam’s tried very hard to keep shoppers at home, but 2021 seems to be less determined to do that, even though deals will be available at SamsClub.com.
Some warehouse locations will have a skating rink with special performances in the parking lot, and there will be new product demos inside the warehouses. This could be proof that Sam’s is more comfortable with in-warehouse shoppers in 2021.
1. Sam’s Club’s Black Friday ad dropped on Oct. 20.
The 2021 Sam’s Club Black Friday ad showed up a day sooner than it did in 2020. (This is about a month sooner than it showed up ever before!)
2. Sam’s Club offers seven different savings events during Black Friday season.
Here’s what to expect for Sam’s Club holiday sales in 2021:
- Oct. 8 – 17: Fall Online Savings
- Oct. 27 – Nov. 24: November Instant Savings (Mostly grocery deals)
- Nov. 6 – 8: November Savings Weekend (Pre-Black Friday sale)
- Nov. 25 – 28: 4 Days of Thanks-Savings (Black Friday sale)
- Nov. 29 – 30: Cyber Savings Event
- Dec. 1 – 31: December Instant Savings (Mostly grocery deals)
- Dec. 4 – Dec. 6: December Savings Weekend (Pre-Christmas sale)
3. Sam’s Club Black Friday deals will be available online.
Deals are available at SamsClub.com, same as in 2020. Expect free shipping on most items, except a select few items (ie: Fitbit, TVs, and artificial Christmas trees and more) that are listed with free shipping only for Plus members.
TIP: Sam’s Club will not allow price matching or price adjustment requests during Black Friday.
4. On Black Friday, Sam’s Club will open at regular hours.
As was the case in 2020, the warehouse will open on Black Friday for normal hours. This is probably because most deals are available at SamsClub.com. Here are Sam’s Club’s opening hours:
- All members: 10 a.m.
- Early Shopping for Plus members: 8 a.m.
- Senior & Hero Hours on Tuesdays: 7 a.m.
5. Non-members can shop at Sam’s Club on Black Friday.
Since most of the deals are available online, go ahead and shop SamsClub.com, even if you’re not a member. You’ll be charged a 10% markup, so factor that into your total before you get too excited about a hot deal. If the final price is still doable for you, go for it!
6. Sam’s Club will be closed on Thanksgiving 2021.
Sam’s was doing it before it was cool. The warehouse is usually closed on Thanksgiving Day, even prior to 2020. You can still shop online, though!
7. Best things to buy are furniture and Christmas pajamas.
If you need a sectional or recliner, Sam’s is your Black Friday pit stop. Otherwise, watch for family Christmas pajamas that don’t seem to go out of stock.
Final price: $299
Final price: $499
Family Christmas pajamas
Instant savings – $4/1 – FamJam Kids’ Holiday Sleep Set
Final Price: $6.98
8. Worst things to buy are vacuums and soundbars.
Kohl’s beats everyone when it comes to vacuums. Even if their sale prices are similar, they’ll sweeten the deals with pockets full of Kohl’s Cash.
See all vacuum deals.
Watch for Walmart to beat Sam’s Club’s price. In 2020, Walmart beat Sam’s by about $10 on a Vizio 5.1 soundbar.
9. Go ahead and use Sam’s free curbside pickup during Black Friday sales.
Of course, Sam’s Club Plus members get free shipping, but everyone gets free curbside pickup.
In 2020, Sam’s rolled out curbside pickup in the summer, and it was in full use by fall. If you don’t want to pay for shipping or go into the warehouse, this is a great option.
10. Or use Scan & Go to avoid crowds in the warehouse.
Not only does Scan & Go help you avoid lines at Sam’s Club, but during Black Friday, you can enter sweepstakes to win vacations, a mega-home theater makeover, or a lifetime Sam’s Club membership with a $20,000 club shopping spree. Here’s how it works:
- Download the Scan & Go app.
- Scan each item’s barcode as you put it into your shopping cart at the warehouse.
- A Sam’s Club employee will scan your phone for instant and contactless payment.