Be ready for things to go wrong and prepare a plan in advance to iron out any little wrinkles.
Stores may be out of products.
- Be prepared to rework transactions.
- Determine how to meet coupon requirements and rework deals before heading to the register.
Cashiers may not follow the store’s coupon policy.
- Carry a copy of the policy to every store.
- Know the coupon policy.
- Remind the cashier of the policy, but be polite.
- Ask for the manager as a last resort.
A Catalina/reward may not print.
- Make sure you’ve met the requirements to get the reward/Catalina.
- Ask the store manager to provide the printout.
- If that doesn’t work, call customer service.
Other shoppers may be hostile or impatient.
- Try to shop during off-peak hours.
- Let shoppers with smaller orders go first.
- Plan out transaction ahead of time and organize coupons accordingly.
- Minimize the number of transactions.
- When shopping at a drugstore, ask a team member to check you out at the cosmetics or photo counter to avoid holding up a line. If other shoppers get in line, nicely inform them you might take a bit to check out. “Pick Another Checkout Lane, Honey!”