We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Many grocery stores have made couponing easier than ever by allowing you to “clip” digital coupons within their own apps. Almost all grocery store apps even let you order groceries for pickup and delivery right from the app — plus stack coupons with your order (one of our favorite things).
Most apps have both store and manufacturer coupons, just like the ones you can find in paper circulars. But the apps take it a step further, with exclusive online-only digital coupons that are also duplicated on the store’s official website. To help you get started with digital couponing at grocery stores, we assembled a list of the best grocery store apps with digital grocery coupon deals.
Psst…make sure you download the official KCL app for more useful tips, or text HACKS to 57299.
1. Grocery store apps let you clip digital coupons that get linked to your online account.
For the most part, grocery store apps’ digital coupons work like this:
- Download the store’s official grocery app.
- Enter your account information or create a new account.
- “Clip” (meaning tap on) the coupons for items you want; the coupons will apply automatically at checkout.
The apps keep track of your digital coupons through your store account. So, when you shop through the app (and are signed in to your account), they will apply to your order. If you shop in person with your store loyalty account, the digital coupons should come off automatically at the register.
2. Use the Kroger app for digital coupons and everything else.
The Kroger app does all the things — coupons, shopping, you name it. Use it to load Kroger digital coupons (both store and manufacturer offers) onto your Shopper’s Card, which you can set up within the app.
Special digital coupons or promos in the app: Make sure to accept push notifications so you hear about current offers expiring soon.
Special features: You can create a shopping list; shop for grocery pickup or delivery, or even have your items shipped to you when you place an order through the app; link your bank card and pay with the app in-store; and scan items while in store to see if any coupons are available.
Here are some store-specific savings I found through the Kroger app:
- Save $15 on Oral-B 5000 or 6000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- $10 off Crest Whitestrips
- Save $8 when you buy two packages of Refresh Eye Drops
Related: We can teach you everything you need to know about the Kroger app.
3. Use Dollar General digital coupons when you check out in-store or with DG Pickup.
You can use the Dollar General app to clip digital coupons. If you’re placing a Dollar General pickup order, the coupons will automatically get applied at checkout in the app. If you’re shopping in-store, you add digital coupons to your account using the app, but you’ll have to enter your phone number at checkout in-store to use them. The coupons are pretty good, too, which I’ll explain.
Special digital coupons or promos in the app: Check the Coupons tab for one-day exclusive Dollar General coupons that are available both in-app and online. Dollar General app coupons are available in limited quantities and can only be used once.
Special features: Create a shopping list in the app and use the Cart Calculator to scan items in the store to see what you’ll pay at checkout. Those are okay features, but the coolest feature, in my opinion, is DGGO! Pay, which lets you skip the checkout line completely. You scan your cart with the Cart Calculator, tap “proceed to checkout,” and get a QR code. Scan this code at a checkout station (rather than a checkout line) to pay. Then, wave like a prom queen in a parade at the line behind you.
But before you get too excited, you should know that they only offer DGGO! Pay at select locations.
Here are some Dollar General store coupon savings I found through the app:
- $5 off with a purchase of $25 or more
- Save $2 when you purchase $10 of M&M’s products
- Save $4 on a BIC Soleil Disposable Razor Pack
TIP: The Dollar General app can act a little glitchy. If you ever find the experience too frustrating, you can do all the same stuff on their website when you log into your member account.
4. Link the CVS app to your ExtraCare Rewards card to clip coupons and earn cash back.
CVS lets you stack store coupons with both manufacturer coupons and Catalina coupons, on top of their sales. If you link your ExtraCare Rewards account to your CVS app, you can add coupons directly to your account and earn 2% back on every purchase online and in-store.
Special digital coupons or promos in the app: There are a good number of manufacturer and ExtraCare Coupons on the CVS app, all of which you can apply to your account before checkout.
Special features: You can add CVS products to your shopping cart, check out, and pay directly through the app. Remember that you get free shipping on CVS orders if your total is $35 or more after discounts and coupons get applied.
Check out these CVS store savings I found through the app:
- Buy 1 get 1 50% off all Febreze or Cascade items
- BOGO Free on Nature Made vitamins
- 10 5.5-ounce Friskies cat food for $6
5. The Family Dollar app gives you exclusive store coupons.
The Family Dollar app lets you clip all sorts of manufacturer coupons, as well as check out the Weekly Ad if you type in your ZIP code. Just scan your barcode at checkout to apply your coupons to your order.
Special digital coupons or promos in the app: When you open the app, you’ll see a list of coupons listed as “Exclusive.”
Special features: When in the store, you can use the app to see if an item you want qualifies for a coupon you want to use. Tap the coupon you want to use, tap “Does This Item Qualify?” and use your phone to scan the item’s barcode.
Check out these coupons I found through the app:
- Save $5 on certain Colgate brands when you purchase three
- $4 off when you purchase Children’s Zyrtec
- $2.50 off on Biotene oral rinse
6. Stack percent-off Circle offers with manufacturer coupons in the Target app.
The Target app lets you take advantage of specific Target Circle offers, which are only available to members of their Circle program. (You can also see the Target Circle offers on their website.) Target Circle will get you 1% off every purchase, or, if you link the Target app to your RedCard, 5% cash back instead. The app also lets you stack Circle offers with manufacturer coupons, as long as the wording says so. Target Circle offers can be used over and over until they expire, although there are daily limits and transaction limits.
Special digital coupons or promos in the app: The “Target Circle offers” section of the app shows the Weekly Ad deal and different categories of Circle offers.
Special features: Through the app, you can use your smartphone camera in-store to scan barcodes on products to check for deals and coupons.
Here are some Circle offers I found through the app:
- Free $10 Target gift card with a $35 purchase of household essentials
- Up to 25% off furniture (online only)
- 50% off Stranger Things seasons 1 – 2
TIP: Now’s the time to sign up for Target Circle because you’ll get exclusive access to Target’s Black Friday in July deals.
7. Clip digital coupons and find special photo deals through the Walgreens app.
The Walgreens app is very straightforward, allowing you to clip their manufacturer coupons and rewards deals and add them to your account for checkout. You can stack rewards points, store offers, and manufacturer coupons.
Special features: The app lets you take pictures of barcodes in-store to check for any current coupons.
Here are store coupons I found through the app:
- Save $2 on two Head & Shoulders Royal Oils products
- $4 off one Gillette or Venus razor
- $5 off a Crest 3D Whitestrips Kit
8. Safeway and Albertsons offer Just for U coupons in their apps.
Both Safeway and Albertsons use the Just for U program for coupons. Just for U store coupons are a mixture of exclusive store coupons that can only be used at Albertsons and Safeway. The app also has manufacturer coupons. To access the savings, you can clip digital grocery coupons through either store’s app: Albertsons for U or Safeway for U.
Special digital coupons or promos in the app: You can find Just for U coupons in the app personalized by your order history.
Special features: Like many others on this list, the Safeway and Albertsons apps let you check their weekly ads. But you can also peek at your Rewards balance, see Rewards expiring soon, and get an idea of everything you can use Rewards on.
Here are some store coupons I found through the app:
- $1 off any O Organics product
- $2 off on Smartwater, 12 pack
- Buy 2 get 1 free avocados
9. Use the Giant Eagle app to add eCoupons to your account.
The Giant Eagle app keeps things pretty simple when it comes to digital coupons. As you’re shopping, it tells you if there’s a coupon available for the item you’re purchasing. Just click the red “Clip Coupon” button to claim it. Separately, you can browse all available coupons before adding anything to your shopping list. Note that you cannot stack coupons at Giant Eagle.
Special digital coupons or promos in the app: The Giant Eagle app allows you to clip eCoupons (a mixture of store and manufacturer coupons) as long as you link your loyalty card to the app.
Special features: The app lets you assemble your own shopping list for your next trip.
Here are some eCoupons I found through the app:
- Save $3 on Tide Laundry Detergent, 92 ounces or larger
- Save $3 on a box of Pampers
- $4 off on Allegra Allergy, 24-count or larger
Related: Put your receipts to work with our ultimate guide to rebate apps.
10. Load Meijer coupons to your mPerks account.
Download the Meijer app before your next shopping trip to clip coupons and see your mPerks rewards.
Special digital grocery coupons or promos in the app: Meijer’s app lets you add both store and manufacturer coupons to your official account, also known as your mPerks account.
Here are some specific coupons I found through the app:
- $10 off your total purchase
- $2 off Garnier Nutrisse or Color Reviver
- Save $2 on one Gillette Refill Cartridge, 8-count or larger
11. Clip Publix digital coupons right in the app.
The Publix app asks you to make an account if you don’t already have one, so you can load any available Publix digital coupons onto your account. While most coupons can only be used once, if you see a number like “X8,”, that means you can use the coupon up to eight times.
Special digital grocery coupons or promos in the app: Along with digital coupons, you’ll sometimes see a digital offer pop up as soon as you open the app. For example, I just got $5 off my $30 purchase by redeeming one of those special (valuable) offers.
Special features: You can order from the bakery or deli ahead of your trip so your items are ready when you get there.
Here are some exclusive Publix coupons I found through the app:
- $2.50 off any Handi-Foil item
- Save $5 on an Oral-B Vitality or Pro 500 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Save $3 on any Bare Republic Sun product
12. Use the Vons app for Just For U coupons and weekly ads.
Like Albertsons and Safeway, the Vons for U app uses the Just For U program. And, as you’d imagine, the apps work identically. Clip those coupons to your account in the app, and they’ll automatically get applied to your mobile order. Or, they’ll be applied to your order when you checkout in-store using your Vons for U account.
Special digital coupons or promos in the app: Just like Albertsons and Safeway, you’ll get personalized Just For U digital coupons to clip.
Special features: The Vons app lets you make a shopping list and see your current Rewards points. You can also browse the Weekly Ad for current specials and sales.
Here are some Vons coupons I found through the app:
- $1 off any product in the produce department
- $2 off Signature Cafe rotisserie chicken
- $4 off on Allegra Allergy, 24-count or larger
- $4 off on a Schick Women’s Razor or refill
Related: We can give you a head start on how to coupon at Vons.
13. The Shop United app keeps digital coupons simple.
The United grocery app lets you add manufacturer and store coupons and offers to your account. Rejoice, for Shop United lets you stack store and manufacturer coupons within the app! Plus, you can check out the Weekly Ad.
Special digital coupons or promos in the app: Before you clip coupons, check on the Weekly Specials in the app for BOGO deals and more savings.
Special features: Check on your Rewards points and Rewards freebies directly in the app.
Here are some exclusive coupons I found through the app:
- Save $3 on any Aveeno sun care product
- $1 off a Signature Farms avocados 7-count bag
- Save $2 on one bag of Pull-Ups training pants, 27-count or lower
- $2 off one 8-count box of Starbucks Fresh Brew coffee
14. You have to get a membership to use BJ’s in-app coupons.
- The Club Card level gives you exclusive mobile coupons and the ability to shop online. It costs $55/year.
- The Club Card+ level gives you access to exclusive events, 2% cash back on most purchases, and double or triple cash back at certain times of the year. It costs $110/year.
- Business memberships are available for both tiers at the same price. But when you sign up as a business, you’ll get tax-exempt and resale status.
The BJ’s coupon policy lets you stack coupons if you’re shopping in-store, but if you’re shopping online, you can only use the coupon offers that appear in the app.
Special digital grocery coupons or promos in the app: No matter what tier of BJ’s membership you have, you’ll get access to exclusive coupons.
Special features: You can scan an item’s barcode to see how much it costs at BJ’s — even if you’re shopping at another location.
Here are some BJ’s coupons I found through the app:
- $3 off Meow Mix
- $3 off Tide liquid or powder detergent
- $4 off Aveeno body wash or lotion
15. The County Market app lets you save, but you can’t shop.
The County Market app lets you choose from hundreds of store and manufacturer coupons and add them to your County Market loyalty account, aka your “Max Card.” The app also has a great Weekly Ad tab, which lets you select things and add them to your shopping list.
But you can’t use the shopping list for online shopping — only as an extra tool for in-store shopping. Country Market is a little stuck in the 2010s, only allowing you to order delivery through Instacart, pickup orders at select Illinois stores via Rosie, and order curbside at select Indiana and Illinois locations by calling and placing the order via phone.
Special digital grocery coupons or promos in the app: You can clip digital coupons and take a look at County Market specials for items at a reduced price.
Special features: Check out tons of exclusive recipes for cocktails, snacks, entrees, and desserts in the app. They also have an interactive store map that helps you find specific items in the store.
Here are some store coupons I found through the app:
- $8 off Claritin tabs or Liquid-Gels, 60-count or larger
- Save $5 on any two PediaSure packs, 6-count and larger
- Save $2 on two Head & Shoulders products
16. Get savings and nutrition info with the Stop & Shop app.
Special digital grocery coupons or promos in the app: Add products from any Stop & Shop digital store to your shopping list, and clip manufacturer coupons to go with it.
Special features: The Stop & Shop app has a feature that tells you the health and wellness score of each item you put in your cart.
Here are some Stop & Shop coupons I found through the app:
- $2 off Metamucil fiber
- $2 off Colgate Optic White
- $3 off Schick Disposables
Related: Get a quick overview of how to coupon at Stop & Shop.