Amazon’s Black Friday sale officially ended at midnight PT on Friday, Nov. 24. The 10-day sale kicked off on Nov. 17, 2023. We’re here to share our top tips on navigating the sale for next year.
Our best advice: Don’t wait to shop for a deal you like. Once a deal is up, there’s no promised timeline of how long that deal will last. In 2023, we saw deals go as quickly as they came during the entirety of the sales event.
Take note that top retailers like Amazon, Target, and Walmart constantly change prices to compete with each other. Amazon’s prices change to match other retailers about an hour after competitor deals go live — which happened a couple of times in 2023.
To help you prepare for Amazon Black Friday 2024, we’ve gathered some tips below.
1. Amazon’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale will last for ten days.
Amazon’s Black Friday deals officially kicked off on Nov. 17. You could shop deals all the way through actual Black Friday, which happened on Nov. 24.
Then, Amazon Cyber Monday began on Nov. 25 (the day after Black Friday) and will run through the end of the day on Cyber Monday.
So essentially, we got a full week of Black Friday deals, plus a weekend of Cyber Monday deals!
2. Amazon doesn’t have an official Black Friday ad, but they shared a Black Friday-specific announcement on Nov. 5.
To be clear, Amazon doesn’t put out an actual Black Friday ad, but they do a special announcement with deals! The first ever Black Friday-related announcement happened on Nov. 2 on Amazon’s news site. Then on Nov. 5, they dropped a full release with specific event dates and teased several deals.
However, the ad scan you see above is one that our deal-hunting team at KCL created. It features the top deals Amazon shared in their press release.
3. Brands like IT Cosmetics, Ninja, Shark, Bissell, and Le Creuset all had discounts on Black Friday.
Here’s the exact snippet of deals that Amazon shared in their press release. Expect more deals to pop up beyond this list.
Amazon Black Friday Deals
- Save up to $400 on select De’Longhi coffee and espresso machines
- Save $100 on the Sony ZV-1F Vlog camera
- Save up to 70% on select Amazon devices and bundles including Echo Pop with free smart bulb bundles, Ring Video Doorbell with Echo Show 5 (3rd Gen) bundles, eero Pro 6E mesh Wi-Fi Systems, and Luna Gaming Controllers; and up to 50% on select new devices including Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire HD 10 Kids and Kids Pro tablets, Echo Pop Kids Marvel’s Avengers, and Blink Outdoor 4 (4th Gen)
- Save up to 50% on select NERF products
- Save up to 50% on select IT Cosmetics skincare and makeup
- Save up to 44% on select Ninja kitchen appliances
- Save up to 43% on select Shark hair care products
- Save up to 42% on BISSELL Little Green, CrossWave, and HydroSteam vacuums
- Save up to 33% on select Le Creuset Dutch ovens and cookware
- Save up to 30% on select Lancôme makeup, skincare, and fragrance
- Save up to 30% on Peloton Bike, Bike Plus, Guide, accessories, and apparel
- Save up to 30% on select Barbie dolls and playsets, and on select LEGO sets and building toys from Magna-Tiles
- Save up to 30% on select Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars toys, apparel, bedding, and décor
- Save up to 30% on select Dyson vacuums and air purifiers (November 22-27)
- Save 30% on Blake Lively’s Betty Buzz Sparkling Soda
- Save up to 29% on select Kindle e-readers including Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Paperwhite for Kids, and Kindle (2022)
- Save 25% on Ruggable x Sarrah and Verena washable rugs
- Save up to 20% on Blueland’s plastic-free dishwasher tablets
4. Are Amazon Black Friday deals better than Prime Day?
Amazon Black Friday deals are about the same as what you see on Prime Day, but some big brands like Apple use Black Friday to drop their prices to the absolute lowest of the year. The downside is that Black Friday deals tend to sell out quicker than Prime Day deals.
5. Amazon Black Friday coupons can make for extra savings.
Many Black Friday deals included coupons that could be clipped prior to checkout. They can be easy to miss, so always be on the lookout! Amazon coupons were available during past Black Fridays on loads of items from electronics to clothing. Just clip the coupon, and it automatically applies to your total at checkout.
7. Like in past years, Cyber Monday will last more than 24 hours.
This year, Amazon announced that Cyber Monday will be a full weekend of deals, starting on Nov. 25 and ending on Nov. 27.
Here are the deals Amazon shared in their press release:
Amazon Cyber Monday Deals
- Save up to 46% on select Instant Pot kitchen appliances
- Save up to 45% on HeyDude including Amazon-exclusive styles
- Save up to 37% on select Vitamix blenders, and on select KitchenAid mixers and kitchen appliances
- Save up to 35% on select Amazon devices including Echo Studio, Amazon Fire TV 55″ Omni QLED Series 4K UHD smart TV, and the all-new Fire HD 10 tablet, and get the lowest price ever on Kindle Scribe Essentials Bundles
- Save up to 30% on select Casper mattresses
- Save up to 30% on select Nespresso coffee machines
- Save up to 30% on select Fisher-Price toys
- Save up to 30% on select Amazon-exclusive La Roche-Posay skincare bundles, on select Anastasia Beverly Hills products, on select Living Proof products, on select Burt’s Bees skincare and gifts, and on select OPI nail treatments and colors
- Save up to 30% on select Amazon-exclusive men’s, women’s, and kids’ fashion from Amazon Essentials and Simple Joys by Carter’s
- Save up to 25% on select Lemme by Kourtney Kardashian Barker products
- Save up to 20% on select Ninja premium bakeware, and on select Breville espresso machines
- Save up to 20% on select Le Domaine by Brad Pitt products, on select Kérastase hair care, and on select CeraVe skincare and Amazon-exclusive skincare sets
- Save up to 15% on select Essie nail polishes and sets
8. Only Prime members get early access to Amazon Lightning Deals.
Anyone could shop Amazon Black Friday deals, but last year, only Prime members got 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals.
I think a Prime membership is worth it, but you can decide if you want to keep your membership or not after you’ve shopped on Black Friday with free shipping for Prime members.
9. Amazon Lightning Deals go fast, so add products to your watchlist.
Amazon Lightning Deals are named as such because they show up and then disappear as soon as they’re sold out or in 24 hours, whichever happens first. It’s a good idea to add things to your watchlist so you get the deals before they sell out.
Here’s how to get the jump on these in 2023: once the Amazon ad drops, add the items you’re interested into your Amazon watchlist. This way, if they end up as Lightning Deals, you’re ready to pull the trigger when they’re live.
TIP: Amazon doesn’t offer price matching or price adjustments. But there are plenty of other retailers who will give you an Amazon price match.
10. Sort by ‘deals’ to see the best prices for gifts from Amazon’s gift guides.
Each year, Amazon releases gift guides in categories like Home, Kids, Electronics, and more. That doesn’t always mean these gifts are a stellar deal. Look for a little checkbox to sort each guide by “Deal” to see discounted items.
TIP: Amazon’s “Toys We Love” list shows up early in the holiday shopping season. Check out Amazon’s holiday toy list from 2022.
11. Lucky shoppers found Amazon newbie gift card deals in past sales.
The Amazon credit card is one of the best store credit cards to have. Amazon has two credit card options: the Amazon Store Card and Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card.
For those that didn’t have an Amazon Store Card, we’ve seen Amazon offer both Prime and non-Prime members an $100 Amazon.com gift card instantly when approved for the Amazon Store Card.
If you were a Prime member and chose the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, you’d get a $200 Amazon gift card instantly when you’re approved.
Plus, Prime card members earned 10% back (or more) on select products and categories for a limited time.
12. Always join the Waitlist for out-of-stock items.
Sometimes deals are just sitting in shoppers’ carts, meaning they’ve claimed them but may not actually go through with purchasing them. Bummer, because something might look sold out or out of stock because someone is walking around the virtual store with it.
If you click “Join Waitlist” on an item that’s out of stock, you’ll be in line (fingers crossed next) to purchase whatever someone else leaves behind.
13. Focus on Amazon Black Friday 2023 TV deals, along with Amazon device deals on Alexa and Fire.
Amazon Alexa + Ring
See all tablet deals.
TIP: Ask “Alexa, what are my deals?” to hear the holiday deals for that day.
14. Side-eye Amazon deals on Apple, vacuums, or small appliances.
You can usually find better deals on these elsewhere, but hey, you never know. I’m not saying skip these, but I am saying that you might want to price compare before you click to buy. Check it out:
Prices on Apple at Amazon are typically very close to Target’s price. But at Target, you can get 5% off using your RedCard. Only shop Apple on Amazon if it’s something Target doesn’t sell.
See all Apple deals.
Small kitchen appliances
Macy’s will have these for $7.99 after rebates, but sometimes they’re off-brand, like Bella.
See all kitchen appliance deals.
15. Amazon doesn’t deliver on Thanksgiving Day.
Even though Amazon isn’t closed on Thanksgiving, they won’t be making deliveries that day as they follow the USPS’s holiday schedule. Make sure to plan ahead.
16. Check Amazon price histories on CamelCamelCamel so you can buy with confidence.
Instead of stressing about whether you’re actually getting a good deal or not while the Lightning Deal clock ticks down, check your item’s price history on CamelCamelCamel.com.
You’ll see what the lowest recent price has been (and when), and you can determine if the current price is actually a decent deal or just a lot of hype.
TIP: When checking price histories on CamelCamelCamel, know that Prime Day deals usually top Amazon Black Friday deals. So while you may see prices drop over Black Friday, they may not drop as low as they did on Prime Day.
17. Amazon doesn’t offer price matching, but Target will.
Amazon has a pretty solid “no price matching” rule that’s in play 365 days a year. Target offers price matching to Amazon. So if you’re shopping at one of those stores, it’s a good idea to compare what they offer with Amazon’s price. If Amazon’s is lower, ask for a Target price match.
18. Sign up for Invite-only deals in advance.
Just like for Prime Day, Amazon Black Friday has a limited quantity of exclusive deals just for Prime members. This year, you can get access to $10 headphones, 65% savings on Blink Outdoor cams, and more. Check out our invite-only deals tips on how to sign up.
19. Amazon is offering extended holiday returns through Jan. 31, 2023.
For purchases made between Nov. 1 and Dec. 31, you have until Jan. 31, 2023, to make Amazon returns.
Best part? You can still do your Amazon returns at Kohl’s during the holidays too. Or drop your return off at UPS store locations or Whole Foods.
That is a great look back on Amazon Black Friday 2022. As we get closer to Amazon Black Friday 2023, I’ll be sure to update this article. Oh, hey, if you see something, would you kindly drop a comment? I’ll add it in if it’s helpful. It takes a village to shop at Amazon.