The next time you crave a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, you’ll want some Carl’s Jr. deals and savings to help you out. Because even if you can’t find any Carl’s Jr. coupons, you can still save money by using a few menu hacks. I’ll show you how.
Don’t forget to download the official KCL app to get updates on all the best deals and coupons.
Note: Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s are owned by the same company and are basically the same restaurant, just with different names and different regions that they cover, so these tips will also work for all Hardee’s locations, too.
1. Join the Carl’s Jr. rewards program on the Carl’s Jr. app to get a free sandwich.
When you sign up for the Carl’s Jr. “My Rewards” program on the Carl’s Jr. app (iOS / Android), you’ll get a coupon for a free Western Bacon Cheeseburger (reg. $5.19), Famous Star (reg. $4.99), or Hand-Breaded Chicken Sandwich (reg. $5.19) with minimum $1 purchase.
2. The best Carl’s Jr. coupons can be found through the app.
After you download and register on the Carl’s Jr. app, check out the “Offers” tab for the best Carl’s Jr. coupons. Here’s what we found when we checked the offers page:
- Free Sandwich w/ any purchase
- BOGO for $1 Western Bacon Cheeseburger (reg. $5.19)
- $0.93 Large Natural Cut Fries (reg. $2.59) — a 64% discount
Tip: You can’t find these Carl’s Jr. coupons anywhere else, so make sure to check their app before you order to get the best deal.
3. Earn points to get up to 18% back in Carl’s Jr. coupons.
When you purchase through the Carl’s Jr. app, you’ll earn 10 points for every $1 spent. You can start to redeem your rewards when you reach 150 points (or $15 spent), and the rewards list expands when you earn 300 points ($30 spent) and 500 points ($50 spent). Here’s a taste of what you can get for free at these point levels and the value compared to your spend:
- 150 points ($15 spent)
- 5 Pc French Toast Dips (reg. $2.79) — 18.6% cashback
- Any Size Fountain Drink (reg. $2.59) — 17.3% cashback
- Any Size Hash Rounds (reg. $2.59) — 17.3% cashback
- 300 points ($30 spent)
- Breakfast Burger (reg. $4.99) — 16.6% cashback
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich (reg. $4.99) — 16.6% cashback
- Breakfast Burrito (reg. $4.79) — 15.9% cashback
- 500 points ($50 spent)
- 5 Pc Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders (reg. $7.19) — 14.4% cashback
- Beyond Famous Star with Cheese (reg. $6.79) — 13.6% cashback
- The Big Carl (reg. $5.89) — 11.8% cashback
Tip: If you missed out on getting points for a purchase you made at a Carl’s Jr. restaurant, just scan the barcode at the bottom of your receipt to get credit for it.
4. Take the Carl’s Jr. survey after your visit to get BOGO sandwiches.
You should always ask for your Carl’s Jr. receipt so you can take the Carl’s Jr. survey. You’ll need to fill out the short, five-minute survey within a week of your visit, but once you finish, you’ll get a Carl’s Jr. coupon for BOGO sandwiches of equal or lesser value.
5. Set your alarm for Carl’s Jr. breakfast from 6 to 10:30 a.m. for exclusive breakfast items.
The Carl’s Jr. breakfast starts at 6 a.m. and ends at 10:30 a.m., and you’ll be able to get menu items like these that aren’t available at any other time:
- Breakfast Burger ($4.99)
- Breakfast Burrito ($4.79)
6. Order your Carl’s Jr. delivery from Postmates for the cheapest delivery fee.
- Postmates: $0.49 delivery fee
- DoorDash: $0.99 delivery fee
- Uber Eats: $0.99 delivery fee
- Grubhub: $2.49 delivery fee
7. Check the Restaurant.com Dining Discount Pass for even more Carl’s Jr. coupons.
Before you head to Carl’s Jr., you should always check the Restaurant.com Dining Discount Pass and see if they have a Carl’s Jr. coupon that you can use on your visit.
I got a Carl’s Jr. coupon for BOGO burgers with my Dining Discount Pass.
Tip: You should always check Raise.com to see if they have any discounted Carl’s Jr. gift cards for sale. If you’re lucky enough to find some, you can use them to always get a discount at Carl’s Jr.
8. Use the Carl’s Jr. secret menu to get a burger with all the meats — or low-carb and veggie burgers.
There is only one real item on the Carl’s Jr. secret menu, the Stuffed Super Star, but there are also mix-and-match combinations you can use to get a low-carb or vegetarian burger:
- Stuffed Super Star — $9.38
- Spicy Chicken Sandwich (reg. $5.19)
- Double Cheeseburger (reg. $3.19) + bacon ($1.00)
- Combine the two sandwiches together
- Low-Carb — no charge
- Asking for your sandwich/burger “low-carb” will have it wrapped in lettuce instead of buns
- Trim It — no charge
- Order wheat buns, no mayo or cheese, and chicken instead of beef
- Veg It — no charge
- Gets rid of the meat in your sandwich/burger
9. Get 10% off your meal with the Carl’s Jr. military or senior discount.
If you’re over 55 or in the military, you’ll be able to get 10% off your meal when you show your ID. Not all Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s participate in this discount, so call ahead to make sure they’ll honor it.
10. Become a Carl’s Jr. employee to get 50% off your meals and one free meal during your break.
The best benefit you get from being a Carl’s Jr. employee is 50% off your meals before, during, and after your shift. You can get this discount at any Carl’s Jr. or Hardee’s.
We’ve also heard of Carl’s Jr. offering a free meal during your break, but this depends on your Carl’s Jr. or Hardee’s location.
11. The Carl’s Jr. chicken sandwich is 13% more expensive than Popeyes’ version.
If you’re looking for a cheap chicken sandwich, you won’t find one in the Carl’s Jr. chicken sandwich. It’s 13.5% more expensive than Popeyes’ and 3.4% more expensive than Chick-fil-A’s.
- Popeyes chicken sandwich ($4.49)
- Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich ($4.65)
- Carl’s Jr. chicken sandwich ($5.19)
Of course, we know all the Popeyes tips and Chick-fil-A tips that’ll get you free chicken sandwiches from both locations (except on Sundays from you-know-who).