Shopping time on Black Friday is limited and precious, so it’s important to know what stores or sales are a waste of time.
We found the 10 worst sales that you should skip this Black Friday:
1. The only thing T.J.Maxx offers on Black Friday is free shipping.
We love T.J.Maxx’s year-round discounts of up to 80% off regular retail prices, but plan to skip the store on Black Friday.
T.J.Maxx is typically closed on Thanksgiving and the only Black Friday deal you’ll see is free shipping for online orders.
2. Marshalls has a “Gifts Under $25” section for holiday shoppers.
Marshall’s is closed on Thanksgiving and doesn’t offer any additional Black Friday discounts.
You will see a “Gifts Under $25” section, but it’s available the entire holiday shopping season.
3. Ross overstocks their regular clearance section for Black Friday weekend.
Because everything in Ross is already 20-60% off, don’t expect to see any Black Friday deals other than an overstocked clearance section.
Ross is also closed on Thanksgiving. See our full list of stores that are closed on Thanksgiving.
4. You’ll have to spend over $500 just to get 20% off at Pottery Barn on Black Friday.
Last year, Pottery Barn’s Black Friday discounts were hardly worth leaving home for. Here’s the breakdown for Pottery Barn’s typical Black Friday discounts:
- Spend $100-$249: Get 10% off
- Spend $250-$499: Get 15% off
- Spend $500-$999: Get 20% off
- Spend $1,000 or more: Get 25% off
You’re better off using our 27 Pottery Barn hacks to save a few hundred dollars every other day of the year.
5. Williams-Sonoma Peppermint Bark lovers can get 25% off on Black Friday.
Williams-Sonoma doesn’t offer any storewide discounts on Black Friday.
The most noteworthy Black Friday discounts last year included 25% off Peppermint Bark and 35% off Nespresso machines.
6. Get 20% off your Black Friday purchase at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
We’re used to Bed, Bath & Beyond offering a 20% off coupon pretty much all the time, so 20% off your purchase on Black Friday seems decidedly underwhelming.
Plus, you can always do better than 20% off with our Bed, Bath & Beyond hacks.
7. Nordstrom Rack takes an additional 30% off clearance rack items on Black Friday.
The extra 30% off clearance racks at Nordstrom Rack is awesome.
But if you can’t find anything on clearance, you’re not going to be impressed to find the rest of the store is regularly priced on Black Friday.
8. Hobby Lobby offers 50% off Christmas and Home decor.
But what else is new?
Hobby Lobby routinely offers 50% off Christmas and Home decor so it doesn’t seem special enough to warrant a trip on Black Friday.
Plus, the sale prices last all week (except Thanksgiving since stay closed), so if you really want to shop, go another day and save Black Friday for the sales that really wow you.
9. REI is closed for Black Friday — encouraging everyone to #OptOutside.
We’re expecting REI to be closed again this Black Friday for the fourth year in a row.
Instead of slashing prices to get customers in their doors, REI closes to encourage everyone to go outside instead.
10. Dollar Tree’s prices are still $1 on Black Friday, like every other day.
It feels silly to complain that items still cost $1 at Dollar Tree on Black Friday, but we always pray for a few BOGO free deals. #Nope