If you’re looking to win big during DICK’S Sporting Goods sales, you’ll need to know more than just where to find clearance items.
We’ve got MVP-level savings tips that you can use all year long. We’ll tell you how and when to get the best prices on the most popular items, as well as how to get coupons and shop the best DICK’S sales.
1. Join the email list to get 10% off your next purchase plus other exclusive DICK’S coupons.
Sign up to receive DICK’S emails and you’ll get a promo for 10% off your next online purchase within one week of your sign-up (it won’t apply for in-store purchases).
After you sign up, DICK’S will also send sale alerts to your inbox, as well as exclusive coupons like 20% off any single item.
The catch is that email coupons are almost always percent-off coupons, and DICK’S won’t allow you to stack percent-off coupons with sale prices. Premium brands like Yeti, Oakley, and many others are also excluded from coupon usage.
Note: Make sure you read the fine print on DICK’S email coupons; some only work online, while others work both in store and online.
2. Get a DICK’S $20 off $100 coupon when you sign up for text alerts.
This is my favorite coupon to get from DICK’S, because unlike the percent-off coupon you’ll receive when you sign up for emails, the DICK’S $20 off $100 coupon — and all other dollar-off coupons — are stackable with sale prices.
The text code you need to sign up changes pretty often (but here’s where you can find the current one).
PRO TIP: Wait to sign up for texts until just before DICK’S Black Friday Sale so you can stack your DICK’S $20 off $100 coupon with their best sale of the year.
3. Join the ScoreCard loyalty program to get 3% cashback loaded onto a DICK’S rewards card.
If you plan to shop here often, get a free DICK’S reward card through the ScoreCard program — one of our favorite free store loyalty programs. Once you do, you’ll start earning 1 ScoreCard point per dollar spent. You get $10 in DICK’S Cash (basically a gift card) every time you earn 300 ScoreCard points. You can only use one $10 coupon of DICK’S Cash per transaction.
Plus, any Scorecard reward points you earn at DICK’S Sporting Goods are redeemable at Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream (except on those stores’ clearance items).
4. Earn bonus ScoreCard points when you download and use the DICK’S app.
Honestly, this is the only reason why anyone should download the DICK’S Sporting Goods app. The DICK’S app gives you several opportunities to earn extra ScoreCard points, such as:
- 50 bonus ScoreCard points for logging in to the app
- 100 bonus ScoreCard points for connecting your FitBit
- 600 points for completing challenges, such as step counts ($20 off)
- Plus, you’ll never miss a sale. The DICK’S app keeps all sales and offers visible in the Offers tab and the Weekly Ad tab.
5. DICK’S will price match competitor coupons for individual items.
The DICK’S Price Match Guarantee allows you to get a price match on identical, regular-priced items you find at a cheaper price from their competitors. Just show your cashier evidence of the competitor’s price.
But here’s a key loophole: DICK’S will even price match savings you’d get from a competitor’s coupon, as long as that coupon is for a specific item.
Think of it like this: DICK’S will price match a coupon for 25% off Columbia gear at Academy Sports, but they won’t price match a 25% off storewide coupon.
In-store price matches must be for stores within a 25-mile radius of the store. Online, you can get a price match from any “certified retailer,” which includes Amazon, but not warehouse stores like Costco or Sam’s Club.
6. Check the bottom of your receipt — there may be a $20 off coupon there.
Your receipt may include a “$20 off your $100 purchase” coupon at the very bottom — which you can use in stores and online.
Just be sure to check the date for when you can use it, because it won’t be right away. Usually you can earn the coupons in the first half of every month, and redeem them in the second half of the month (or vice versa).
7. Buy a discounted gift card for Field & Stream at Raise for 10% off, then use it at DICK’S.
Gift cards for DICK’S, Golf Galaxy, and Field & Stream are interchangeable. So, head over to Raise.com to buy whichever gift card is discounted the most, then use it at DICK’S. In my experience, Field & Stream has the best discounts (as in, 10% off).
If you don’t know, Raise.com sells gift cards for less than the amount loaded onto them. It’s an easy way to get an instant discount.
While we’re here, take a look at the easiest ways to use discount gift cards.
8. Make sure you know about the freebies that come with your DICK’S purchases — like free bike assembly.
If you buy a bicycle, golf irons, baseball gloves, or practically any piece of sporting equipment, DICK’S will provide a free service to make sure whatever you bought performs at a high level.
All you need to do is bring a proof of purchase (receipt or email confirmation will do) with you when requesting these freebies:
- Free bike assembly
- Free golf iron fittings or $50 off a full golf set fitting
- Free baseball glove services with purchase of any Mizuno or Pro Series glove
- Free archery equipment set-up, installations, and adjustments
- Free scope mounting and boresighting for your firearm
- Free fishing line winding
- Free CO2 filling for paintball cartridges (1st fill is free, and every 5th fill after that)
- Free racket re-stringing (1st re-string is free, and every 5th after that)
- Free hockey or figure skate sharpening and fitting (1st is free, and every 5th following)
- Free running analysis and custom shoe recommendation
DICK’S will discount any lacrosse stick restringing when you buy their lacrosse netting.
9. DICK’S online clearance has more selection than in stores.
At the DICK’S website, there’s a bigger and more organized selection than anything you’ll find in the store (plus, DICK’S doesn’t even have a dedicated clearance section for all of their in-store offerings).
The simplest way to shop DICK’S clearance is to start here, then choose your department.
Who doesn’t love a good clearance section? We know you do, so here’s the ultimate retailer clearance markdown schedule.
10. Don’t buy full golf club sets from DICK’S — unless they’re Top-Flite.
Top-Flite golf club sets go on sale every year in March and April for 30% off. They’re average clubs, quality wise, but DICK’S prices them cheaper than similar sets you’d find on Amazon.
Free shipping on order of $49+ or free pickup
Final Price: $210.29
Compare to Wilson Women’s SGI Complete Set from Amazon $399.99
If you’re looking for golf clubs that are a little more high-end, like Callaway or Taylormade sets, I recommend looking at Amazon, which offers complete Callaway Strata sets for $150 cheaper than DICK’S and Golf Galaxy.
Free shipping for Amazon Prime members
Final Price: $399.99
Compare to Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Set from DICK’S $549.99
These are all the best and worst things to buy at DICK’S.
11. DICK’S best golf sale is their annual Golf-A-Thon: 30% off full Top Flite sets and BOGO apparel.
The annual Golf-A-Thon, which always runs between March and April, is the year’s biggest golf sale at DICK’S.
In past years, we’ve seen DICK’S offer B3G1 Free Titleist personalized golf balls, BOGO Free Walter Hagen apparel, and more than 30% off a full set of Top Flite clubs:
Free shipping on orders of $49+ or free curbside pickup
Final Price: $204.98
Read all about the best DICK’S sales.
12. The best time to buy ping pong tables is during DICK’S Black Friday sale — 50% off reg. price.
DICK’S Black Friday sale began 10 days before Black Friday in 2021, but historically speaking, the best deals are on actual Black Friday.
Black Friday’s the best time to buy ping pong tables at DICK’S, especially because these items rarely go on sale outside of Black Friday.
In 2019, 2020, and 2021 we saw 50% savings on full-size Prince ping pong tables on actual Black Friday:
Free shipping on orders over $65 or free in-store pickup
Final Price: $299.98
13. Skip DICK’S for The North Face outerwear — shop Macy’s January clearance sale instead.
Outerwear from The North Face goes on sale every few months at DICK’S, but DICK’S isn’t where we’ve found the best prices.
Instead, look to Macy’s during their post-holiday clearance sales. That’s when we found this jacket for 50% off the regular price:
Final Price: $49.97
Compare to The North Face for $109.99
See all The North Face coupons.
14. Only buy adult high-end mountain bikes during DICK’S annual bicycle sale in April.
DICK’S takes 50% off mountain bikes on an annual basis, so if you’re considering buying a new two-wheeler, this is a no-brainer.
Expect deals like the one we found on this GT Aggressor Pro in 2021, which was discounted $335 off the regular price:
Free shipping on orders $49+ or free curbside pickup
Final Price: $334.99
Compare to Trek beginner mountain bikes for $469.99
15. Spend $49 or more online to get DICK’S free shipping.
DICK’S only provides free shipping on orders over $49. That’s why I always look for free in-store pickup. . .
16. DICK’S can have your curbside pickup order ready in as little as one hour.
See an online exclusive? Purchase it online and pick it up at the store in as little as one hour.
You’ll avoid shipping and you won’t be charged for your order until you pick it up.
17. Get a DICK’S price adjustment within 14 days of your purchase.
If something you bought goes on sale (or has a markdown) within 14 days, take your receipt back in to collect the difference.
If monitoring prices sounds exhausting to you, you’re not alone. In reality, though, monitoring prices is as simple as signing up for Paribus.
18. Use the DICK’S app to get online prices while shopping in store.
Double-check DICK’S website while shopping. If you spot something that is cheaper online (including clearance!) just ask an employee to price match the website for you.
19. There isn’t any DICK’S military discount.
Unfortunately, DICK’S does not offer a military discount as of April 2022. But hey, here’s how you can get a military discount from hundreds of other stores.
20. DICK’S will donate to your youth sports team (or even sponsor it).
DICK’S Sporting Goods’ Sponsorship & Donations program is set up to help all youth teams get the funding they need.
If you’re interested in requesting a sponsorship or donation for a youth program in your community, start by creating an account.
21. The DICK’S credit card gives you 6% cashback on all DICK’S purchases.
Look, in most cases, the DICK’S ScoreCard credit card probably isn’t worth it. But if you’re a coach who’ll have a ton of trips to DICK’S in your future, it might be worth considering.
DICK’S credit cardholders earn 3 times the normal cashback on their first purchase with the ScoreCard, plus 2 points per dollar spent at DICK’S (that means you’ll get 6% cashback instead of the 3% that rewards members get).
Cardholders also earn 1 point for every $3 spent anywhere Mastercard is accepted, and DICK’S gives cardholders the ability to finance big purchases.
22. Get 1% cashback whenever you shop DICK’S through Ibotta.
If you haven’t used it before, Ibotta is a cashback app that gives you a bunch of “rebate” offers to help you save on just about anything you buy from participating stores. And for DICK’S, you’ll get 1% cashback on your purchases.
Although there aren’t always specific offers available, if you simply go to Ibotta.com, create an account, and search DICK’S from their website, you’ll be able to start getting cashback on your purchases.
If cashback sounds like your jam, then you definitely need to check out our guide to using Ibotta.
23. Opt for DICK’S youth soccer package to save around $15 compared to Walmart.
If you’re buying youth soccer gear, it won’t get more affordable than the DSG youth soccer package. It includes:
- 1 DSG Kids’ Ocala 2.0 FG Soccer Cleats (reg. $24.99)
- 1 DSG Ocala 20 Logo Soccer Ball (reg. $12.99)
- 1 DSG Youth Soccer Shin Guard Socks (reg. $9.99)
Free curbside pickup
Final Price: $34.99
24. Products with mail-in rebates at DICK’S are flagged with a red sign on endcaps.
Check out this PowerBait mail-in rebate: If you buy 4 for $14.99, you get $10 back!
They’re only $4.99 to begin with, so this is like getting 3 for free.
I hope this helps you make sense of savings at DICK’S Sporting Goods. Drop any questions in the comments below, and I’ll get back to you! Thanks for reading.