We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
If you’re ready for Lowe’s Halloween offerings, you’re in luck. We found giant mummies, spiders, a 7-foot witch, an 8-foot cemetery angel, and even Disney-themed Lowe’s Halloween inflatables all in stock online now. And as of mid-July, new Lowe’s Halloween animatronics are already arriving in Lowe’s stores.
It’s never too early to start contemplating your Halloween decorating strategy. So whenever you’re ready to shop, check out these tips to save money on Halloween decor at Lowe’s, whether you’re buying now or just before the holiday.
Download the Krazy Coupon Lady app or text HACKS to 57299 for more money-saving tips, deals, and coupons.
1. Lowe’s Halloween decor started arriving in stores as early as July 17.
When I checked my Lowe’s store in mid-July, I was surprised to see a handful of larger-than-life animatronics already set up near the entrance. The popular 12-foot Animated Mummy is back for this year, but they’ve got a whole bunch of new items if you’re looking to upgrade your decor.
A few of the new Lowe’s props incorporate Bluetooth technology, which lets you sync your own music to play through the speakers. I haven’t seen this technology offered in other stores’ Halloween decor or in the Home Depot Halloween lineup either, so that’s a trend to watch.
2. The rest of Lowe’s Halloween decorations should be in stores by mid-August.
Typically, we see Halloween decorations make their first appearance of the year a little bit before Lowe’s Labor Day sale. But a handful of new animatronics started appearing in Lowe’s stores as early as July 17 this year, with the rest of the decor arriving by Aug. 14.
And that’s definitely the case at my local Lowe’s. I checked on Aug. 19 and saw lots of boxes waiting to be unpacked. But the rest was already set up and ready to go!
3. Pneumatic props are available this year for added jump scares.
This is a kinda cool new technology that showed up in Lowe’s Halloween lineup this year. They have new pneumatic figures that connect to an air compressor of at least 50 PSI (not included) for sudden movements and jump scares. No other big box store sells air-powered props like this for Halloween!
But expect to pay more for pneumatics than you will for animatronics — these air-powered props start at $358 at Lowe’s:
TIP: This Kobalt Quiet Tech air compressor is a good option if you’re powering pneumatic Halloween decorations. It’s currently on sale for $159 (reg. $179) through Aug. 9.
4. Find an even bigger selection of Lowe’s Halloween decorations online.
You won’t see the full lineup of Lowe’s Halloween decorations in stores, but they do have a large selection of spooky items online available for shipping or store pickup. And hurry, because it’s likely that the trending ones will sell out.
5. Lowe’s carries a small selection of Disney Halloween decor, but price check them against Home Depot.
Disney fans can celebrate the haunted holiday with Lowe’s Disney Halloween collection. But I did find that The Home Depot has a bigger selection of Disney inflatables, and slightly better prices, too.
For example, the cheapest Disney inflatable at Lowe’s is this 3.5-ft Lighted Hocus Pocus Winifred Inflatable for $44.98. But Home Depot has a 3.5-ft LED Green Oogie Boogie Holding Pumpkin Inflatable for just $34.98 — that’s 22% cheaper.
Related: Target Halloween decorations are already here — shop the deals under $25.
6. Skip the poseable skeleton multipacks at Lowe’s — Home Depot has them for 29% less.
If we calculate the price per skeleton (my favorite unit of measure in spooky season), Lowe’s is not your best option for buying posable skeletons in bulk.
For instance, Lowe’s typically sells this four-pack of 5-ft skeletons with glowing red eyes for $139 (but they’re currently out of stock), which comes out to $34.75 per skeleton. But at Home Depot, you can get a six-pack of 5-ft skeletons with similar glowing eyes for $149, which is $24.83 per skeleton. That’s a 29% difference in price.
But Lowe’s does have pretty good prices for single skeletons (in-store only):
- Haunted Living 5-foot posable skeleton, $34.98
- Haunted Living 7-foot posable skeleton, $99
7. Head to Lowe’s about two weeks before Halloween for savings of up to 60%.
Unlike many retailers who discount holiday merchandise AFTER the holiday, Lowe’s marks their decorations and decor down ahead of the holiday.
For example, last year Lowe’s had selected Haunted Living Halloween decor up to 60% off starting the week of Oct. 16, 2022. Here are a few deals we found:
- 8.6-ft Lighted Animatronic Stitches the Clown, $160.30 shipped (reg. $229)
- 2.16-ft Lighted Tombstone Free Standing Decoration Tombstone, $17.19 (reg. $42.98)
- 5-ft Lighted Animatronic Pumpkin Reaper, $33.99 (reg. $84.98)
- 7-ft Animatronic Evil Witch with Crystal Ball, $179.10 shipped (reg. $199)
- 7-ft Lighted Animatronic Dapper Skeleton, $129.50 shipped (reg. $259)
8. Stack Lowe’s military 10% discount with a discounted Lowe’s gift card from Raise.
Although Lowe’s is pretty stingy regarding discounts, they offer a 10% discount for military members. Combine this discount with a Lowe’s discounted gift card from Raise (which can save you anywhere from 3% – 8%) and get up to 18% off your Halloween decorations.
Related: Check out our list of year-round military discounts.
9. Go with free local delivery or free shipping if you spend over $45 online.
Some of Lowe’s Halloween decorations come in huge boxes. Save yourself the trouble of picking up your decorations and go with free local delivery or free shipping if available and your order is over $45.
10. Work for Lowe’s and enjoy a 10% everyday discount.
Here’s a nice secret: Lowe’s team members get a 10% employee discount every day. This discount applies to any store merchandise, including Lowe’s Halloween decor.
11. Save an extra 5% with a Lowe’s credit card.
Stack your 5% Lowe’s credit card savings with a military or first responder discount when you buy your Halloween decorations to save 15% to 18%.