If you’re not already familiar with RetailMeNot, you need to be.
RetailMeNot hosts a smorgasbord of savings on searchable categories like Clothing, Toys, Jewelry, Books, Beauty, Gifts, Shoes, Travel, Pets, Food, and they even added a special tab just for Black Friday deals.
Here are seven ways I’ve already saved $774 on my shopping this season:
1. I downloaded the RetailMeNot app and saved $14 (50%!) on just one item.
Before starting my holiday shopping, I downloaded the RetailMeNot app to make sure I was able to apply every type of available discount while out shopping.
Even though I planned my shopping ahead, I still got deals at unexpected places by searching the app for any stores I walked into.
For example, I happened to pop into Michaels and was excited to see a 50% off coupon on the RetailMeNot app. I was able to get the Wilton Preferred Cookie Press I’ve wanted for holiday baking for $14 instead of $28.
Tip: After downloading the RetailMeNot app, be sure to enable the app’s locator features so you don’t miss any nearby deals. Then, stack RetailMeNot’s various types of discounts whenever you can (Discount eGift Cards + coupons + cash back, etc.) for the biggest savings.
2. I checked for coupon codes and saved an easy $54.
RetailMeNot merchandisers handpick over 500,000 deals for over 50,000 retailers, so you know your savings are verified by real humans.
Check out what I’ve already claimed this month:
- 25% off my Shutterfly.com order of holiday cards and custom photo gifts (using coupon code 25RMN, which expires 12/31/16). I paid $56.25 for my $75 order–a savings of $18.75.
- $10 off my $75 Shopko toy purchase using the RetailMeNot app.
- My $30 Bath & Body Works online purchase was only $20 with a RetailMeNot app code–an instant $10 savings (expires 12/24/16).
- I scored an instant $15 off beauty product stocking stuffers with a “5 for $5” Ulta Beauty deal.
Tip: When you’re out shopping, search for the store’s name in the app to make sure you aren’t missing any available discounts.
3. I purchased Discount eGift Cards and saved $45.
When you buy RetailMeNot Discount eGift Cards, you’re basically getting some free cash. There are no exclusions or expiration dates, and you can save up to 20%.
I either give Discount eGift Cards as gifts, or I use them to purchase gifts. Your eGift Card recipient won’t know you paid less for the card! Here are the discounted eGift Cards I’ve claimed so far:
- $50 Gap Discount eGift Card: $43 (14% savings)
- $160 TJ Maxx Discount eGift Card: $137 (14% savings)
- $250 Tory Burch Discount eGift Card: $230 (9% savings)
- $27 TGIFriday’s Discount eGift Card: $19 (29% savings)
- $25 Panera Discount eGift Card: $18 (27% savings)
Tip: Save ahead of time on Black Friday by checking RetailMeNot’s Black Friday section full of leaked Black Friday ads. Once you’ve planned your shopping strategy, head to their selection of Discount eGift Cards to purchase cards wherever you plan to shop.
4. I saved $110 by taking advantage of RetailMeNot cash back offers.
I claimed a $100 cash back deal on RetailMeNot with Hotels.com for our extended 12-night vacation this coming January. Not looking for such a long trip? If you book by 12/31/16, you can choose from $20 cash back for a 3-night hotel stay, $50 for 8 nights, or $75 for 10 nights, and you have until 1/31/17 to travel.
You can also get retail cash back deals. I cashed in this $10 off $50 cash back offer for Macy’s. Read the fine print though! For example, this offer is only valid for online purchases.
5. I saved $20 on my meals in-between shopping.
With RetailMeNot’s searchable food deals (browse by food type, or view best deals near you using the RetailMeNot app), I never pay full price to eat out. I stack these deals with Discount eGift Cards when I can. Here’s what I did this month:
- $5 off any two Olive Garden dinner entrees (expires 12/3/16).
- Free kid’s meal with the purchase of an adult meal at Denny’s every day from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- BOGO 50% off any adult entree at Ruby Tuesday.
6. I used Deal Squad as my personal shopper and saved $281.
RetailMeNot hosts a magical team of "Deal Squad Agents" (REAL PEOPLE) who are experts at finding the very best deals known to man on whatever product you’re looking for. I’m not kidding.
All you do is send them the link of an item you want, and within hours they’ll email you personalized instructions on how to get the best available price.
As a gift for my mom, I tested Deal Squad’s free service with my biggest purchase this year: a Green Apple KitchenAid 6 Quart Pro 600. Agent Nathan found a way to save $281 on this mixer that retails for over $600.
Deal Squad is like having a team of helpful, deal-loving elves at my fingertips!
Tip: Deal Squad will be available on Black Friday, but you may want to enter your item early to prepare!
7. I saved $250 by stacking deals!
Stacking deals with RetailMeNot will get you the biggest savings, and the Search feature (which includes every type of discount in the results) makes it easy to stack savings, so don’t be intimidated!
Here are a few of my best examples of stacking:
- $78.11 off with Macy’s coupon code + cash back + free shipping: As a gift to myself, I used a coupon code for an extra 20% off select sale and clearance items, then claimed a RetailMeNot cash back deal for $10 back on my online order of $50 or more, which also made me eligible for free shipping. Between the additional discount on the already marked down price, free shipping, and $10 cash back, I saved $78.11 on my new suede booties.
- Over $120 savings with Michaels Discount eGift Card + coupon: For my niece, I claimed a 50% off coupon on RetailMeNot, knocking an artist’s desk from $199.99 down to $100. Then, I purchased a $124.58 Discount eGift Card for only $105.90 (15% savings).
- 38% off Papa John’s with Discount eGift Card + coupon: I purchased a $25 Papa John’s gift card for only $21.75 (13% savings), then used the Discount eGift Card to pay for my order, which I also stacked with a RetailMeNot coupon for an additional 25% off–a total of 38% off!
- Over 50% off Rue21 with Discount eGift Card + coupon: I purchased $38.94 worth of Discount eGift Cards for just $24.54 (around 37% off), then stacked the Discount eGift Cards with a 25% off coupon. I got $50 of full-price merchandise for less than half the cost.