While most people dash toward the electronic and toy deals on Black Friday, you can actually get a new wardrobe for every member of your family for up to 70% off.
Here are our predictions for what you can expect for 2018 Black Friday apparel deals based on what we saw last year:
1. Expect up to 70% off apparel for the whole family at H&M on Black Friday.
Based on last year’s Black Friday sale, you can expect to see up to 70% off women’s, men’s, children’s and baby apparel at H&M.
Also look for up to 60% off footwear as well.
2. Shop Old Navy for 50% off your entire purchase plus $1 socks on Black Friday.
The entire week leading up to Black Friday last year, Old Navy offered 40% off your entire purchase, or 50% off for cardholders.
From the day before Thanksgiving through Black Friday, all shoppers enjoyed 50% off their purchase.
And exclusively in stores on Black Friday, Old Navy featured $1 socks. For every pair purchased, Old Navy donated another pair to Boys and Girls Clubs.
3. Head to Target for $5-$15 pajamas, footwear and sweaters on Black Friday.
In 2017, Target’s best Black Friday apparel deals started at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and included:
- BOGO 50% off college and pro-team licensed apparel and hats
- $5 Carter’s pajama sets (regularly $8.99)
- $5 slippers for the whole family
- $10 kid and toddler boots
- $10 Gilligan & O’Malley women’s sleep sets (regularly $19.99)
- $10 women’s sweaters (regularly $24.99)
- $15 men’s sweaters and fleece pullovers (regularly $29.99)
Use your REDCard for an additional 5% off and free shipping. Also look for exclusive pre-Black Friday Cartwheel offers in your Target app in the week leading up to Thanksgiving.
4. Score free slippers and thermal tops during Macy’s Black Friday doorbuster sale.
Last year on Black Friday, Macy’s offered Gold Toe slippers and men’s thermal tops for $10/each, but both were free after a $10 mail-in rebate for each.
Expect steep discounts on outerwear as well — up to 60% off.
And get your hands on a Macy’s Black Friday flyer for the coupons.
Last year we saw a “$10 off any $25 purchase” coupon and a “$20 off any $50 purchase” coupon. Both coupons could be used on apparel.
5. Shop The Children’s Place online for 50-75% off the entire site plus free shipping on Black Friday.
The Children’s Place online selection beats the in-store selection every time.
And TCP’s yearly 50-75% off Black Friday sale has zero exclusions, plus free shipping — so don’t bother heading in store.
6. Get 50% off your entire Black Friday purchase from Gap in store or online.
Unless you need to try everything on before you buy it, don’t waste your time going into Gap on Black Friday.
Based on what we saw last year on Black Friday, expect to get your entire purchase 50% off, plus free shipping from Gap.
7. Get 40% off plus free shipping from American Eagle on Black Friday.
In 2017, American Eagle’s Black Friday sale featured 40% off almost everything in store and online — including jeans.
Fragrance and Aerie undies weren’t included.
8. Spend $75 at Victoria’s Secret to get a free limited-edition Black Friday tote.
Every year, Victoria’s Secret gives away a free tote plus a mini bag with every $75 purchase starting at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving through Black Friday.
Angel Card holders gained access to the free totes one day early last year.
9. Get $19.99 fashion boots and $20 jackets from JCPenney on Black Friday.
Last year on Black Friday, JCPenney offered select fashion boots for $19.99, regularly priced up to $79.99.
Men’s and Women’s PUFFER jackets were marked $20, regularly priced $100. Other highlights included:
- $10 men’s flannel shirts (regularly $34.99)
- $9 women’s cable-knit sweaters (regularly $15)
- $5 women’s A.N.A. and St. John’s Bay long-sleeve or 3/4 sleeve tees
- $5 pajama pants for the whole family
- 25% off Nike apparel for the entire family
Also look for coupons like $10-$20 off apparel in the JCPenney Black Friday flyer.
10. Take an extra 30% off clearance items at Nordstrom Rack on Black Friday.
Nordstrom Rack’s tradition of taking an extra 30% off clearance rack items (for a discount up to 75% off) is expected to continue again this Black Friday.
Check online for the largest selection of clearance apparel.
11. Get $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 you spend the entire week of Thanksgiving.
Last year, Kohl’s handed out $15 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent Monday-Saturday the week of Thanksgiving. The best part? You could start spending the Kohl’s Cash that Sunday while the sales were still hot!
Kohl’s best Black Friday deals on apparel last year included a women’s HeatKeep packable down jacket for $29.99 (regularly $100) and men’s Croft & Barrow flannel shirts for $9.99 (regularly $36).
Get a Kohl’s Black Friday flyer for the 15% off coupon, eligible on most clothing items.
12. Shop Sears’ Black Friday doorbuster sale for men’s industrial boots and jeans.
In 2017, Sears offered two noteworthy Black Friday doorbuster deals for men: The first was $110 DieHard industrial boots marked down to $49.99.
The second hot doorbuster item was Roebuck & Co. jeans marked down from $39 to $9.99.
Women’s booties and puffer boots were also marked down to just $14.99, regularly $49.99.