We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
This article may contain tips that are no longer active. Check out these other resources for more Black Friday savings!
Whether you do your Black Friday shopping from home or in-store at 1 a.m., you’re gonna need some cash.
Here are five things you can start doing right now in order to get some cash for holiday shopping without touching your regular monthly budget.
Follow our Hack the Holidays page for more information about shopping for the holidays on a budget.
1. Cash in on rebates totaling $75-$105 ($25-$35 per month) with apps like Ibotta and Checkout51.
It’s easier than ever to earn cash back rebates with Ibotta.
Each week, I make my shopping list around what offers are available. I do my grocery shopping, and once I’m home I scan the QR code or send a photo of my receipt through the app, and within minutes, I get cash back on qualifying products.
Usually, I will cash out my rebates as soon as I hit the $20.00 minimum. But in order to keep myself from instantly spending that money, I keep it in the app and let it build up until I go Christmas shopping.
The more you drive, the more you make! It’s easy to get started — as long as your car meets the requirements.
Uber drivers make on average $15/hour with additional compensation.
Lyft drivers make on average $18/hour with additional compensation.
3. Get up to $150 ($50 per month) by doing all the Swagbucks things.
You can earn Swagbucks (or points) by filling out surveys, shopping online, watching videos, and searching the web. From there, you can redeem your points for gift cards or cash back.
Invite your friends and earn 10% every time they do. Say your hubby earns 700 Swagbucks a day; you’ll earn 70 Swagbucks in return!
I typically do these surveys while I’m riding the stationary bike at the gym or watching TV at night, and it’s totally painless!
In the past, I’ve used these Swagbucks hacks to earn $100 per month.
4. Make up to $300 ($100 per month) testing websites through TryMyUI.
You’ll have to audition first, and once you’re approved, you’ll need to snatch up testing opportunities within seconds. Don’t let that scare you — it’s totally possible to earn roughly $200/month. Trust me, I’ve actually done it.
Each test will pay you around $10 (for 30 minutes of work!) to give your opinion on a website’s usability.
Be sure to sign up with as many companies as possible in order to increase your chances of making money.
5. Earn between $600-$720 ($200-$240 per month) when you dog-sit two nights a week through Rover.
You have the freedom to set your rates and take on as many hours and pets as you would like. If you only choose to dog-sit on the weekends, you’ll easily earn $25-$30 per night through Rover.
If you’re a dog lover, this would be a fun and easy way to make some extra cash to put towards Black Friday shopping.
BONUS: Trade in your old clothes, electronics, and media for extra cash!
Sell the old so you can purchase the new!
- ThredUp: ThredUp sends you a “Clean Out Kit” for gently-used clothes from mid-range brands, then they sell the accepted clothes on your behalf. You can request Return Assurance for any unaccepted items or donate them to your favorite charity.
- Target Trade-In: If you have a ton of old phones, tablets or game consoles lying around your house, it’s time to trade ’em in for gift cards you can use this holiday season. I cleaned out my house and got $190 in Target gift cards!