We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Thanks to all the Chili’s coupons, deals, and specials, they’ve definitely earned my loyalty. With Chili’s specials, happy hour, and the My Chili’s Rewards program, there’s no reason you can’t save 10 – 50% on your meal every visit.
If you want your baby back (ribs), an El Presidente Margarita, or another Chili’s menu favorite, you’re in luck. We’ll show you how to spend less when eating out at Chili’s.
Remember to download the official KCL app for more restaurant savings and hacks.
1. Get a Chili’s coupon for chips & salsa or a beverage when you spend $5.
When you join My Chili’s Rewards, you’ll get Chili’s coupons every week, including one for free Chili’s chips and salsa or a non-alcoholic beverage you can use on every visit.
The coupons are sent to your My Chili’s account, which you can then use by either adding them to your online order, or by showing them to your server.
But if you want to keep getting this coupon each week, you’ll need to spend at least $5 at Chili’s every 60 days.
TIP: The Chili’s Rewards coupons have an expiration date, usually 30 days from the date they’re issued.
2. Rewards members get a free birthday dessert and access to the wifi.
Not even kidding about the wifi. If you’re a Chili’s Rewards member, the Chili’s app will send you the wifi code when you’re near the restaurant. Otherwise, I guess you’ll just have to use your cell phone data.
On your birthday, you’ll get a free dessert (up to $8.49 in value) if you’re a rewards member. And you can also place a one-tap reorder of Chili’s food via the app for delivery and pickup if you’re a regular.
You’ll also get personalized rewards like free appetizers, free desserts, free delivery, and free kids meals. You’ll get at least two of these randomly every month.
3. Chili’s 3 for $10 is a little more expensive now, but still one of the best Chili’s specials.
One of the most popular Chili’s specials is the 3 for $10 deal — although nowadays, it’s 3 for $10.99. Basically, you get an app (soup, salad, or chips & salsa), an entree, and a non-alcoholic beverage for just $10.99.
The biggest value combination would be the Strawberry Lemonade, soup, and Cajun Shrimp Pasta — which would otherwise cost you $21.37 (48.8% more expensive).
But even the least amount of savings is still decent; a soda, salad, and Chicken Crispers would cost you $15.98, which is 31.2% more expensive than the Chili’s 3 for $10.99 deal.
4. Save 45% on dinner for two plus an appetizer & dessert with the Chili’s 2 for $25 menu.
With the Meal for 2 deal, you can get two entrees, an appetizer, and a dessert for just $25.
The best value combination would be the Fresh Guacamole app ($7.19), two Chicken Fajita entrees ($15.39 per entree), and the Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie ($7.69). These items would regularly cost you $45.66, but you can devour them for just $25 — a 45.2% discount.
The cheapest things you could order with this deal would be the salads for two ($4.79), any of the Chicken Crispers ($11.19 per entree), and the Cheesecake ($7.29). They’d still cost you $34.46 — so you’re saving 27.4%.
TIP: The guacamole and salsa are a few of the items that are made from scratch at Chili’s, so make sure to grab them.
5. Eat Chili’s happy hour and grab cocktails, beers, and apps for up to 48% off.
Chili’s happy hour offers a bunch of discounts on food and drinks, including:
- $3 small domestic beer (reg. $3.25 — a 7.6% discount)
- $4 half order of Texas Cheese Fries (reg. $6.99 — a 42.7% discount)
- $6 boneless wings (reg. $11.69 — a 48.6% discount)
- $5 Presidente Margarita (reg. $8.99 — a 44.3% discount)
- $5 Long Island Iced Tea (reg. $8.30 — a 39.7% discount)
If your local Chili’s has Chili’s happy hour (check your location to verify), it usually takes place between 3 and 7 p.m.
6. Order the Chili’s Margarita of the Month — it’s $4 – $5 cheaper than other margaritas.
If you dig Chili’s margaritas, you can save around $4 to $5 when you order the Margarita of the Month. Margaritas typically cost $8.39 – $10.39 depending on the type of margarita.
Here’s an idea of what they’ve offered in past months:
- May 2021: Cheers to the Patron Margarita
- June 2021: Grand Sangria ‘Rita
- July 2022: Captain’s Stay-Cay
- August 2021: Blackberry Tito-Rita
- September 2021: Black Cherry Blitz ‘Rita
- October 2021: The Spider Bite ‘Rita
- November 2021: Jack Apple ‘Rita
- December 2021: The Merry Berry ‘Rita
- January 2022: Tequila Trifecta Margarita
- February 2022: The Grand Romance Margarita
- March 2022: The Lucky Jameson Margarita
- April 2022: StrawEddy ‘Rita
7. Save up to 24% when you order from the Chili’s lunch menu.
Every Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., you can order from the amazing Chili’s lunch menu, which offers an entree plus a soup or salad for only $9:
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadilla: Originally $11.69 — a 23% discount
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos: Originally $11.99 — a 24.9% discount
- Chipotle Chicken Fresh Mex Bowl: Originally $11.59 — a 22.3% discount
- California Club: Originally $10.59 — a 15% discount
TIP: Chili’s changes its menu every season, so if you enjoyed an item in spring, you might not be able to get it again until the season changes.
8. Get a discounted Chili’s gift card at Raise for up to 12% off.
Buy a discounted Chili’s gift card from Raise before you dine and get an instant 12.10% off, while supplies last. Basically, spend $13.19 for a $15 gift card. You have no reason not to.
9. Get two free $10 gift cards with a $50 Chili’s gift card purchase on Cyber Monday.
During the holiday season, starting in November, Chili’s offers a free $10 gift card when you purchase a $50 Chili’s gift card.
But on Cyber Monday, Chili’s doubles the bonus to two $10 gift cards for every $50 purchased in gift cards. You’ll need to order the Chili’s gift card on their website.
10. Beware the tablet kiosks at your table — they’re designed to make you spend more.
Chili’s put electronic tablet kiosks on tables in 2013 to give customers the ability to order food and check out without waiting around for their server. Convenient? You bet. But there’s a potential downside.
According to The Atlantic, customers spend up to 20% more when they use the tablets. It’s probably the desserts they show on the screen during dinner.
If you’re OK just ordering and paying “old school,” turn the kiosks away from you to avoid any unnecessary impulse orders.
11. Get your Chili’s delivery from DoorDash for the cheapest delivery fee.
Delivery fees differ between location and time of day, but when we tested Chili’s delivery, DoorDash seems to have the lowest fee out of all the third-party delivery services:
12. Create the Chili’s Baby Back Ribs sauce at home.
All you need to do is add these ingredients into a saucepan and simmer for 45 – 60 minutes. Then you’ll have the perfect Chili’s Babyback Ribs sauce you can boast about to your friends and family:
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid hickory smoke
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
13. You can get breakfast at Chili’s, but only at Chili’s airports.
Chili’s only opens for breakfast at airports, so it’s the only way to get exclusive Chili’s breakfast items like their Breakfast Quesadilla ($10.99), Traditional Eggs Benedict ($12.99), and Chili’s Breakfast Scramble Stack ($11.99).
14. Get a free meal on Veterans Day if you’re a veteran or active military member.
If you’re an active or former military member, you get a free meal on Veterans Day as long as you show your military ID.
There’s also an everyday 10% Chili’s military discount as long as you show them your identification.
Just one of the many military discounts you can get with your military ID.
15. Chili’s burgers are cheaper than other restaurants.
If you’re looking for a cheap burger, Chili’s burgers start at $10.99 for a basic cheeseburger. In comparison, Red Robin’s cheeseburger costs $12.99 (15.3% more) and Applebee’s cheeseburger starts at $11.49 (4.4% more).
16. Over 55? Take advantage of the Chili’s senior discount and get 10% off.
If you’re over 55, show your server your ID at checkout to get 10% off your entire meal when you show your ID.
We have plenty more senior discounts that you can take advantage of.
17. Become a Chili’s employee and get a free meal every shift.
When you become a Chili’s employee, you’ll get a free meal every shift and 50% off your meal when you’re off the clock. Plus, you’ll gain access to tuition assistance programs and discounts of up to 40% on laptops and car rentals.
18. On a diet? Order the lowest calorie options on the Chili’s menu.
If you’re on a diet, the Chili’s menu can be a minefield of high-calorie items, but we’ve done the research to find out the best items you should get when you go to Chili’s:
- Beef: 6 oz. Grilled Sirloin with Grilled Avocado ($14.29) – 330 calories
- Salad: Grilled Chicken Salad ($12.29) – 440 calories
- Chicken: Mango-Chile Chicken ($13.79) – 500 calories
- Fish: Ancho Salmon ($17.59) – 620 calories