Paying full price at Home Depot is a classic rookie mistake for any DIYer.
Check out our 5 surefire ways to save money at Home Depot:
1. Get a full refund if your plants don’t produce a harvest.
Keep your receipts because if your purchase was more than 90 days ago, the refund will be issued as store credit. If you used your Home Depot credit card, you have 365 days from purchase for a full refund.
Or if your trees, perennials and shrubs die within a year, you can dig them up and return them! Home Depot offers a one-year guarantee, so if you don’t have a green thumb, make sure you save your receipt.
2. Buy paint during Memorial Day or Labor Day weekend.
3. Price match competitors plus get an extra 10% off.
Because of Home Depot’s 110% price match guarantee, if you find a cheaper price on an exact item from a competitor like Lowe’s or Amazon (but only if the item is coming from Amazon’s fulfillment center), Home Depot will price match PLUS give you an additional 10% off.
4. Rent a moving truck up to 20% cheaper than UHAUL.
Moving? Make sure you reserve a Penske truck online for 10% off, plus an additional 10% off for college students, AAA members and military.
On top of that, you get unlimited one-way miles on Penske trucks. The deal works out to be cheaper than UHAUL.
5. Get a price adjustment if an item you just bought at Home Depot goes on sale within 30 days.
Say you just purchased an appliance and it goes on sale a week later. Ugh. Just get on live chat and asking for a price adjustment (if you purchased online) or go in store.