We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Improve your FICO Score with Experian Boost — there’s no purchase or credit card required, and you’ll see the result right away!
FICO Scores are used in 90% of credit decisions and are the global standard for lenders in the banking, mortgage, and credit card industries. FICO Score ranges from 300 to 850, and the higher your score, the better.
What is Experian Boost?
Experian Boost is a free service from credit bureau Experian that may increase your FICO Score by getting credit for bills like Netflix, phone, and utilities.
Note that checking your own credit will NOT hurt your credit scores.
Here’s how to get the deal:
- Head to Experian.com to get started.
- Click “Start your boost.”
- Create an account by entering your mailing information, email address, and password.
- Verify your identity by typing the last 4 digits of your Social Security number, date of birth, and phone number.
- Confirm your identity by completing a few authentication questions.
- Set up a security question and a 4-digit PIN number.
- Connect a bank or credit card account you use to pay bills.
- Start your boost — Experian will scan your bills, which may take a few minutes.
Is Experian Boost legit?
Bottom line cost: Unlike credit repair companies, Experian Boost is completely FREE and can increase your credit score fast.
How much will my FICO Score increase? My FICO Score improved by 6 points. But on average, users who received a boost improved their FICO Score based on Experian Data by 12 points. Note that some users may not see improved scores or approval odds.
Will I need to cancel? No. Experian Boost is NOT a subscription service.
Will I get access to all 3 FICO Scores? Your credit information at the three credit bureaus can be different. If you wish to have access to not only your Experian, but also your Equifax and TransUnion FICO Scores, as well as credit monitoring and ID theft protection, you can try Experian CreditWorks Premium for 7 days for free, then just $24.99 a month. You may cancel your membership at any time if not satisfied.