We all care about our pets. But sometimes upkeep can be a little steep – which is why free pet supplies like dog food samples and vitamins are awesome.
Some freebies are always available and there’s no rush, while others are only available for a limited time. All you have to do is ask! (And if you download the KCL app, we’ll let you know when any pop up.)
From free dog food to pet supplements, treats, and more, here are some pet freebies available right now:
1. Get free dog food samples by completing surveys.
Not every pet food company gives out free dog food samples, but if you fill out these surveys or call these companies, they will send you free dog food (or cat food) for your best friend.
PetWay will send you a free dog food sample of your choice after you fill out their survey.
Once you fill out the survey, you’ll be able to pick out two of their dog foods to try.
If you don’t want to leave your house to get dog food, there are plenty of alternatives that you can use to get your dog food delivered to you.
2. Fetch a free sample of pawTree’s dog food seasoning.
You heard that right — dog food seasonings are a thing.
Right now pawTree is offering free samples of their chicken liver, beef, and salmon medley super-food seasonings. Just go to PawTree.com’s sample page, add your mailing information, and pay $2.95 for shipping.
3. Get a free Banfield vet visit for your dog or cat through Petco.
4. VCA Hospitals is offering a free exam for your first visit.
VCA Hospitals want you to have a healthy pet, so they are offering a free exam to first-time patients.
All you have to do is fill out their survey, and you’ll get your free coupon. With over 1,000 hospitals in the U.S., you’ll be sure to find a VCA Hospital near you.
5. Receive free dog stuff by mail, like Flush Doggy Bags.
Dog bags that you can flush? Yes, please! To try out a free sample of Flush Doggy Bags:
Once your order’s complete, your doggy bags will be shipped to you within 6-8 weeks.
6. Get free dog potty training pads for your dog by answering a few questions.
If you’re looking to get some free potty pads for your dog, PetsWorld gives you two free potty pads for filling out a form and answering some questions about your pet.
7. Save on 40 lbs of free cat litter if you use Elsey’s Precious Cat Litter.
If you purchase Elsy’s Precious Cat Litter, be sure to save your receipt and upload a picture of the receipt when you fill out their survey to receive a rebate that will save you money on 40 lbs of cat litter.
8. There are several free dog training courses to take online.
Dog training can be difficult, but luckily, there are several free dog training courses you can take online. Here are some of the best sites you can use for free:
- American Kennel Club Training: As the leading experts on dogs, American Kennel Club offers several articles that can help you train your pup.
- Dunbar Academy: Created by Dr. Ian Dunbar, a leading expert in animal behavior, these courses help you solve behavior problems you might face with your dog.
- Udemy: There are several dog training courses you can take for free on Udemy. If you’re looking for something more expansive, you can pay for more advanced courses.
- Wagfield: There are only four classes here, but the site has a user-friendly interface. And the basic courses are great for new dog owners.
9. Get free pet vitamins to keep your pet happy and healthy.
NuPro is giving out supplements to help with joint pain and electrolyte retention to cat, ferret, and dog owners if you call their number (1-800-360-3300).
Also, SmartyPaws gives out 50 free vitamins a day. If you miss out on that day’s vitamins, you can sign up for their newsletter, so they can email you when the offer becomes available again.
10. Get a free therapeutic essential oil collar from Yoos.
Did you know that essential oils can help with joint pain and mobility for dogs? If you’re skeptical, Yoos offers a free essential oil collar that you can try, no strings attached.
Just fill out the survey and allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
11. Get a Fauna Care Silver Spray by writing a review.
When you sign up to be a Fauna Care product tester, you’ll get a free sample of their Silver Spray in exchange for a review of their product. Samples should come within a week of filling out the survey.
12. Sign up for BringFido.com’s newsletter and get free pet supplies.
When you sign up for BringFido’s email newsletter, you’ll receive samples for free.
BringFido.com receives free samples of pet food, treats, and other pet supplies from their sponsors, and they offer them to their subscribers whenever they’re available.
13. Become a Catit For You member to get cat freebies.
They only select a few members a month, but Catit For You members can get all kinds of cat freebies just by being a member on their site. All you have to do is leave a review of the product after you’ve tested them out. In the past, they’ve given out free catnip, free cat toys, and free cat food, and you’ll get your freebies after a week if you are chosen.
14. Use ASPCA’s poison control tips with your free safety pack.
The free ASPCA pet safety pack includes a window decal notifying emergency personnel about your pets in case there’s a fire. You’ll also get a magnet for your fridge with the Animal Poison Control Center’s toll-free number on it.
15. If you live in the right state, pet companies have some freebies for you.
If you live in Arizona, you can get a free dog food sample by calling them at (520)661-4038.