We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Worried about last-minute turkey day grocery needs? Don’t worry; there are several grocery stores open on Thanksgiving Day. We know it’s hard to believe that time of year is right around the corner, with plans for how to spend Thanksgiving already in the works.
While your local store, even if it’s a national chain like Kroger, Meijer, or Albertsons, might be open, it’ll most likely be with reduced hours to give their team members the chance to celebrate the holiday with their family and friends.
Before you head out, contact your local grocery store to verify their Thanksgiving Day hours.
For everything Thanksgiving, download the Krazy Coupon Lady app, and we’ll hook you up with holiday decor ideas, shopping tips, and money-saving deals and coupons.
OK, here are the grocery stores that’ll be open on Thanksgiving:
Grocery Stores Open on Thanksgiving Day
Even with the best of plans, things get krazy hectic around the holidays, and the next thing you know, you forgot Thanksgiving Day essentials like butter, milk, and gravy. Lucky for you, there are grocery stores that do open on Thanksgiving Day.
- Acme will be open on Thanksgiving Day until 4 p.m.
- Albertsons will be open on turkey day until 4 p.m.
- Carrs will be open with limited hours.
- Food Lion will be open on Thanksgiving until 4 p.m.
- Fred Meyer will be open until 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
- Fry’s will be open with limited hours.
- Giant will be open on Thanksgiving Day until 2 p.m.
- Harris Teeter will be open until 2 p.m.
- H-E-B will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 6 a.m. to noon.
- Hy-Vee will be open from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Jewel-Osco will be open on turkey day until 4 p.m.
- King Soopers will be open until 3 or 4 p.m., depending on your location.
- Kroger will be open on Thanksgiving Day until 3 p.m.
- Meijer will be open on turkey day until 5 p.m.
- Ralphs will be open Thanksgiving until 9 p.m.
- Randalls will be open until 4 p.m.
- Safeway will be open for limited hours, so get in while you can.
- Smith’s will be open Thanksgiving until 4 p.m.
- Sprouts Farmers Market will only be open until 4 p.m.
- Tom Thumb will be open during their regular hours (24 hours) on turkey day.
- Vons will be open for limited hours on Thanksgiving, so plan ahead.
- Whole Foods will be open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
If, by chance, you don’t have dinner plans for turkey day, we’ve got a list of restaurants open on Thanksgiving.
TIP: Find out how you can get a free turkey for your Thanksgiving Day feast.
Grocery Stores Closed on Thanksgiving
If your local grocery store closes for Thanksgiving Day, be sure to shop well in advance, so you don’t get caught up in the last-minute frenzy that always takes place right before a holiday.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Giant Eagle
- Sam’s Club
- Trader Joe’s
TIP: Since you’re here, you might as well check to see if your favorite retail stores will be open on Thanksgiving.