In March, it is literally all about the GREEN—as in, the first young green things (March 20th is the first day of spring!), St. Patrick's Day and of course, saving cash! As well, for die-hard sports fans, there is the NCAA's March Madness to look forward to—with all the festivities that go along with the games. Finally, March is also National Nutrition Month and National Kidney Month, with local free health screenings and nutrition promotions to support each.
Read on to discover all the savings the month of March will be offering!
On stockpiling savings
This fabulous video series introduces both new and experienced couponers to the art of stockpiling savings based on what’s on sale each month. Get the most for the least—one video at a time!
- Watch this month's video: What's on Sale in March
Stockpile these items
The categories are in bold and the items that follow are just intended as examples—use them as your guide as you coupon, save, and stockpile.
- National Frozen Food Month: Save on frozen meals and entrees, veggies, side dishes, desserts, juice concentrate, and more. PLUS, look for sales on deep freezers!
- National Nutrition Month: Look for sales and promotions on nutrition and health bars, shakes, supplements, vitamins and more.
- National Kidney Month: Look for free local screenings (focus on diabetes, high blood pressure, family history of kidney failure).
- National Pancake Day: On March 3rd you can eat delicious pancakes for free at IHOP!
- March Madness: Prepare for great deals on party foods, including soda, chips, dips, cheese, crackers, sandwich items, snacks, wings, and cut fruit and veggie trays.
- St. Patrick's Day: Keep your eyes peeled for discounts on green glittery decorations, plus savings on Irish favorites like corned beef, cabbage, Irish soda bread and of course, green beer!
- Romantic leftovers: Chocolate, perfume, jewelry, soft fluffy stuffed things—if it didn't get bought in February, it's for sure going to be on sale in March!
- Luggage: Ready already for your summer vacation? Do your wallet a favor and buy your luggage and traveling gear now—you can sock the savings away towards your trip.
- A/C and heating appliances: March is an odd month temperature-wise and this can conspire to create a low demand month for heating and cooling (and thus increased savings on new appliances, repairs and supplies).
- Winter clearance sales: Winter clothing, snow shovels, ski and sledding equipment, and all things "ice and snow" are on official clearance this month.
- Spring/Easter: Easter 2015 falls on April 5th, so look for early sales! Decorations, baskets, candy, ham, eggs and egg dyeing kits, gift sets, dresses and accessories, and more are ripe for the stockpiling.
- Seasonal Produce: Snap up fresh artichokes, asparagus, avocado, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, grapefruit, grapes, lemon, lime, mushrooms, onions, peas, radish, rhubarb, spinach, strawberries—eat what you can and freeze the rest for later!
Don’t stockpile these items yet
Next month, there will be a whole new crop of items ripe for the savings!
- Easter: Ham, eggs, dyeing kits, stuffed animals, candy, chocolate, baskets and decorations.
- Baking supplies: Sugar, spices, baking mixes, flour, chocolate chips and refrigerated cookie dough.
- Earth Day: Natural and organic foods and personal care products, reusable bags and water bottles, Energy Star appliances, CFL and LED lighting.
- Spring: Gardening equipment and seeds, bird feeders, spring cleaning supplies, allergy medicine.
- Seasonal produce: Artichokes, asparagus, avocados, beets, broccoli, cabbages, carrots, grapefruit, mushrooms, onions, peas, rhubarb and strawberries.
- Easter clearance sales: After-Easter sales are the time to stock up on decorations, baskets and grass, egg dyeing kits, and stickers for next year's holiday!
Curious about upcoming stockpile savings?
If you can't wait to find out what's on sale in coming months, this post will give you the insider tips you're looking for!