We're reader-supported and only partner with brands we trust. When you buy through links on our site we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn More. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date and time indicated and are subject to change.
Early Black Friday sales feel like they were always going to happen. The pandemic just made them happen sooner, thanks to supply shortages and shipping delays. Now, it appears early Black Friday sales are here to stay. Is October the new Black Friday? Or is it the whole first week of November? Read about these sales from Walmart, Amazon, and other big retailers and decide for yourself.
We haven’t confirmed the exact dates yet for these 2022 early Black Friday sales, but this is what we saw last year — and what we expect to see again.
1. Amazon’s Early Access Sale will run Oct. 11 to Oct. 12, 2022.
It’s on! Amazon will be having its Early Access Sale Tuesday, Oct. 11 and Wednesday, Oct. 12. Here’s what to expect from Amazon’s second Prime Day, and what you can find in Amazon’s Top Toy List for 2022. Check out the early deals here.
2. Target’s early Black Friday sales, or “Deal Days,” is happening October 6 – 8, 2022.
Target early Black Friday sales, called “Deal Days,” made a comeback in 2021. And it’s now confirmed — Target Deals Day 2022 is taking place October 6 – 8, 2022. Last year, Target dropped thousands of deals on the Target app, on Target.com, and for the very first time — at ALL Target stores.
Target deals we can expect for Deal Days in October 2022:
- Up to 50% off select toys from Disney, L.O.L.Surprise!, Barbie and CoComelon
- Save $50 on Xbox Series S console and receive a free select Xbox controller
- Save $350 on Westinghouse 65-inch Roku Smart TV
- Spend $25 on beauty products, receive a $5 Target GiftCard
- Up to 40% off kitchen appliances and cookware
- Spend $50 on food and beverage using same-day services, receive a $10 Target GiftCard
- Save 40% on sweatshirts, sweatpants, sleep, socks and slippers for the family
- Up to 40% off floorcare
- Up to 40% off select bedding
Target “Holiday Price Match Guarantee” starts Oct. 6.
It’s true, you could get Black Friday prices at Target before Black Friday even started. Starting Oct. 6, 2022, any item you purchased from Target qualified for a price adjustment if the Target price dropped on or before Dec. 24.
Don’t forget to check out Target’s Top Toy List (and scan the toys you’ll want to buy before they sell out).
See all the Target deals happening now.
Related: Magic Mixies Restock Guide
3. In 2021, the Best Buy early Black Friday deals started Oct. 19.
Last year, the October deals featured hundreds of price drops on the season’s hottest tech.
Take a peek at some of the deals we saw in 2021:
- $599 for a Samsung 70-inch 4K Smart TV (regularly $749)
- $169 for Beats Studio 3 headphones in matte black (regularly $349)
- Chromebooks as low as $99
- Windows laptops as low as $189.99
Best Buy’s Black Friday Price Guarantee
All of Best Buy’s October deals are covered by their Black Friday Price Guarantee, which means the prices won’t go any lower before Black Friday. If they do, Best Buy will automatically refund you the difference if you’re a member of My Best Buy or Totaltech. The best part? You won’t need to contact them or show a receipt to get the price adjustment!
In 2021, Best Buy’s official Black Friday deals kicked off on Nov. 19 (one week before Black Friday).
See all the Best Buy deals happening now.
TIP: Apple typically releases the new iPhone in September, and any time a new iPhone comes out, prices drop on older models. So this October, look for early Black Friday deals at Best Buy to stack savings on older-generation iPhones.
4. Watch for the “10.10 Shopping Festival” to begin on Oct. 10.
One of China’s biggest shopping days all year is Nov. 11, aka “Singles Day.” ShopKick and retail research firm Coresight launched “10.10,” their own version of Singles Day that happens on Oct. 10 every year.
In 2021, some of the biggest participants in the 10.10 Festival were:
Find out more about the 10.10 Shopping Festival.
Related: Check out these stores With Early Black Friday Deals.
5. Walmart’s Deals For Days will run October 10 – 13, 2022.
Walmart’s early Black Friday sales for 2022 will likely consist of multiple “Deals for Days” events during October and November, based on our prediction. We predict to see a second big sale start online on 11/2 and in store on 11/4. Event 3 should start online 11/9 and in stores 11/11, and Event 4 to start online 11/21 and in-store 11/25. Walmart Plus members should get early access to the deals from 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. on the first day of live online deals.
Here are some of the best deals we saw during Deals for Days in 2021:
- TCL 55″ 4K Smart TV With Roku for $228 (regularly $443.31)
- Samsung 11.6″ Chromebook 4 $87 (regularly $299)
- Keurig K-Compact Single-Serve Coffee Maker $35 (regularly $67)
- HP Intel Core i3 Laptop $279 (regularly $399)
- Shark EZ Bagless Self-Empty Robot Vacuum $288 (regularly $499)
See all the Walmart deals happening now.
6. Macy’s pre-Black Friday sales in 2021 were the Black Friday Early Access and a One Day Sale.
Macy’s early Black Friday sales filled the month of November, starting with their Early Access sale which ran November 3 – 22, 2022 and including a good, old-fashioned “One Day Sale” that went from Nov. 8 – Nov. 11, 2021. (I realize this is more than one day, but Macy’s has been stretching out the duration of their One Day Sales for a few years now.) This year, we expect to see a similar sale. Our prediction is a pre-Black Friday sale from November 7 – 19, 2022. This sale will lead right up to Macy’s Black Friday Sale.
Last year, everybody got $10 in Star Money for every $100 they spent. And Macy’s cardholders got $10 back for every $50 they spent.
As for sales, here are some examples of savings we saw during the 2021 Macy’s pre-Black Friday sale:
- Diamond earrings (½ carat total weight): $179 (regularly up to $800)
- 65% off cookware
- 60% off kids’ jackets
- 50% off ornaments and holiday decor
7. Kohl’s pre-Black Friday sales will run from Oct. 6 – Oct. 23.
Kohl’s recently announced two pre-Black Friday shopping events. The first will take place from Oct. 6 – 16 online and in store. Here’s the deets:
- Everyone gets 20% off their entire purchase and earns $10 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 they spend.
- Kohl’s Rewards members get $10 off any $50 home goods purchase.
- Get 20% off select Lego products, including themes like Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Lightyear, Disney Princess, Harry Potter, and superheroes, with their Bricktober sale in-store and online at Kohls.com.
Kohl’s has yet to release any details about their second sale scheduled for Oct. 19 – 23, other than they are calling it a “Lowest Prices of the Season Event”. Don’t worry; the minute we find out the scoop, we’ll share it with you.
See all Kohl’s deals right now.
8. What’s next? Be the first to know about early holiday sales in 2022.
We post Black Friday sale schedules, ad drops, and unbeatable deals on the hottest items as soon as they hit. Here’s how you can get ahead of the holiday season:
Download the KCL app and set deal alerts for your favorite stores.
Bookmark the KCL Black Friday page for easy access to the latest deals.