Heather and Joanie on Stockpiling Savings
Joanie and Heather have created a video series to introduce stockpiling to newbies and experienced couponers alike. You can pick up extra valuable tips on savings, coupons, finding deals and more just by watching each month's video.
- Watch this month's video: “Couponing: What's On Sale in November!“
Grab your stockpile Stock-Up Price Sheet now!
When you are out and about couponing and deal finding, be sure to bring KCL's handy Stock-Up Price Sheet along for the ride. When you are wondering, "Is it a great deal or isn't it?," this price sheet is a trustworthy ally!
Stockpile these items
The categories are in bold and the items that follow are just intended as examples—use them as your guide as you coupon, save and stockpile.
- Thanksgiving: Stock up on staples like turkey, canned pureed pumpkin, stuffing mix, boxed potatoes, gravy mixes, ready-to-bake rolls, frozen pies, cranberry sauce, gelatin and marshmallows. (Note: The week before Thanksgiving is the best time to score great deals!) Also, if you are a veteran or active duty military (and family) you may find yourself eating for free on Thanksgiving day at local restaurants.
- Halloween Clearance: This month offers the best time to stock up on things for the next year: door decorations, spider webs, candy bowls, yard & outdoor props, plates, cups, napkins & tablecloths, window clings, pumpkin carving kits, streamers, confetti, string lights, Halloween candy-alternatives to stretch next year's candy bowl supply. Also party favors like: spider rings, erasers, plastic fangs, pencils, bookmarks, stickers and bouncy balls. Costumes: Generic items like witch hats, gloves, tiaras/crowns, play swords, pet costumes, capes & cloaks, fangs and fairy wings are best, especially when you have children whose preferences change year to year.
- Baking goods: Put your apron on—it's time to bake with great deals on nuts, chocolate chips, evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, coconut, cake & brownie mixes, Chex cereal (for homemade Chex mix). Yum!
- Cooking gear: Cookware, flatware, knives, pots and pans—shop early in November in advance of Thanksgiving to get deals.
- Canned foods: Canned goods like soup, broth, vegetables & fruits, spaghetti sauce and others will be on sale all throughout November and December.
- Cold & flu: Flu season is back, and the one bit of good news is that you can find lots of sales on over-the-counter remedies (Nyquil, Hall's, Tylenol Cold & Flu, etc.) and tissues.
- Seasonal Produce: Enjoy your fill of apples, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, celery, cranberries, kiwis, lemons, oranges, pears (Anjou & Comice), potatoes, pumpkin, squash, yams and pomegranates.
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday: Deep savings on doorbusters and advertised items ranging from clothing and toys to electronics and appliances. Research sales, make a list, and stick to it for the best results.
- Seasonal clearance: Now is the best time to find low prices on rakes, outdoor furniture, bikes and other seasonal clearance items.
- Athletic shoes: If you are jonesing for a new pair of athletic shoes, November is a great time to shop the clearance sales.
- Kids toys: Shop early, shop often, and be sure to shop before the Christmas rush begins to get the best prices (this is early in November).
- Wedding and bridesmaid gowns and accessories: So many engagements and weddings happen in December, but if you shop in early November you may grab a great gown at a discount.
- National Diabetes Month: Look for savings all month long on insulin and blood glucose monitors, free screening programs and risk tests.
- National Eating Healthy Day: On and around November 5th, look for deals on health-related mobile apps, healthy meal plan programs and promotions on health foods.
- Veterans Day: On November 11th, score free meals and special savings if you are a veteran or family member.
Don’t buy these items yet
December is a time to clear out the old in preparation for the new. As such, these items will be plentiful and cheap during the last month of the year. Hold off on buying any of these items until December 1st to make sure you get the deepest discounts.
- Holiday Dinner: Nab low-priced delicious egg nog, deli platters, instant potatoes, gravy mixes, Rhodes rolls, frozen pies, cranberry sauce, Jello and marshmallows.
- Baking: Stock up on flour, sugar, butter, cream, cake mixes, brownie mixes, muffin mixes, breads, pie crusts, marshmallows and whipped cream.
- Clearance: Buy up all clearance Thanksgiving decorations, extra table settings and turkey carving products as soon as you see prices drop to 50% off or more.
Curious about upcoming stockpile savings?
If you just can't wait to see what savings the future holds for your growing stockpile, you will love this post by Joanie and Heather!