I’ve always found trial size product packaging adorable. There’s just something cute about miniature versions of products you enjoy. But when should you use a coupon for trial size items instead of for their larger, full sized counterparts? Below are some tips that may help you overlook the cuteness if it means a better deal.
Buy full size when:
- It’s a rock bottom sale price.
- You love the product.
- The coupon fine print excludes trial/travel size.
When you can, hold off using a coupon until near the expiration date to see if you can get the full size for super cheap or free. It may cost a bit more in the overall total, but chances are it’s cheaper per ounce than trial size.
Buy trial size when:
- Coupon doesn’t exclude trial/travel sizes.
- It makes it very cheap or free (double check price per ounce).
- Trying out a product or replenishing your travel or 72 hour kits.