I love November for all the obvious reasons: You can stock up on your favorite Fall staples and still save money! Really though, you can get anything from Butterball turkeys to dessert must-haves like Cool Whip cheaper than any other time of year.
Here are the 10 things you should stock up on in November (everything you need to make turkey pot pies and pumpkin baked goods for the rest of the year).
Check it out:
1. Save $25-$30 on Thanksgiving turkey in November.
Because of Thanksgiving, November is the month to stock up on turkey.
In 2019, Target offered 50% off Market Pantry frozen turkeys in November, as well as a special for Butterball turkeys at just $0.59/pound. Kroger also offered Honeysuckle frozen turkeys for just $0.39/pound. That’ll save you anywhere from $15 – $24 on your turkey this year if you take advantage of similar deals in 2020.
2. Find great deals for small appliances with all the Black Friday deals.
Having small appliances in your gift stockpile can be a lifesaver for weddings, housewarmings and back-to-school season. Black Friday is the time to buy small appliances all year.
In 2019, I saw deals on small appliances at Kohl’s starting at $2.14 when combined with the sale price, mail-in rebate and a store promo. Target sold KitchenAid appliances for 50% off, plus an additional 5% off for RedCard holders, dropping the price to $28.49 (reg. $49.99).
3. Get canned pumpkin for less than $1.
Canned pumpkin is everywhere during the next two months as supermarkets gear up for Thanksgiving. In the past, I’ve seen Baker’s Corner Pure Canned pumpkin drop as low as $0.85 a can at ALDI.
Watch for sales on canned pumpkin toward the end of November, and combine with a coupon to get the best prices.
4. Stock up on McCormick spices when they’re just $1.
You might not find it all year, but during the holidays, Dollar Tree stocks 3-ounce containers of cinnamon for only $1, which blows the Walmart price of $2.98 for 2.37 ounces out of the water.
5. Get ready for all the desserts with Cool Whip.
6. Find super rare butter deals during November.
Butter is a staple that rarely goes on sale, but during the month of November, it gets a slight price cut.
When you see a high-value coupon like 2019’s $1/1 coupon for Kroger butter, stock up and store as much as you can in your freezer.
7. Buy fried onions with coupons like $3 off three.
Fried onions are the best part of green bean casserole, and Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without it.
8. Stock up on soup broth and cans for all the cold months.
I also found coupons for Campbell’s condensed soups for $0.80 each when you buy four with a coupon from Harris Teeter — what a steal!
9. Pick up pumpkin spice everything!
If you love Pumpkin Spice flavored everything (and who doesn’t?) November is the month to stock up.
10. Find great value coupons for moisturizer.
In 2019, I found coupons where you could combine with Ibotta points and pay $0.89 for Jergens Moisturizer at Target.
Don’t scroll up — here are your links:
- How to Get a Free Thanksgiving Turkey
- Brilliant Black Friday Hacks
- Secrets for Saving Big on Small Appliances
- Thanksgiving Hacks You’ll Regret Not Knowing