Five Below is one of the best places to find inexpensive Christmas gifts and the latest Squishmallows. But what happens when the person you’re buying for needs to make a return or you change your mind about something? Luckily, the Five Below return policy has an unlimited time window, which means you’ll never have to worry about buying gifts too early. But you will need a receipt if you want a full refund in the form of cash or a credit back to your card.
We dug into the details of the Five Below return policy (including all that fine print) so you don’t have to. Here’s everything you need to know about making returns at Five Below.
Download The Krazy Coupon Lady app so you never miss out on the best tips and discounts.
1. The Five Below return policy gives you unlimited time to make a return.
There is literally no time limit on returns at Five Below. That means if you stumble across something in your closet that you bought five years ago and forgot about, you can still return it. As long as your item is new, unopened, has the original tags attached, and you have the original receipt or online order confirmation — you can return it at any time.
Related: We found all the stores with the best return policies.
2. You can return most anything that’s new, unopened, and with all tags attached.
You can return or exchange just about anything to Five Below. As long as the item is new, unopened, and still has the tags on it, you can return it. This also applies to anything you bought at Five Below that you later discover is defective or broken. But you must have the original receipt or online order confirmation.
There are two ways to return something and get your money back at Five Below:
- If you have the receipt or online order confirmation, you can get a refund to your original payment method (such as cash or credit back to your card).
- Five Below will not accept returns without one of those items. They do not issue store credit, only a refund to your original payment method.
You can also choose to exchange an item for something else. It’ll just need to be an item of the same value.
TIP: Keep in mind that you can’t return Five Below bulk purchases, which are purchases of 50 or more of the same item. Since these have to be ordered and shipped to the store for you, Five Below does not accept them as returns.
3. You can either send your Five Below return by mail (you’ll pay) or take it to a store (for free).
The easiest — and cheapest — way to return something to Five Below is to take your items back to a Five Below store. But if you can’t make it to a Five Below location, you can mail back your return instead.
The process for returning something to Five Below by mail is a bit more complicated than other stores.
How to return something by mail to Five Below:
- Fill out and submit a return request form online. You’ll need your order number, a list of the items you want to return, and a reason for your return. (Be sure to indicate whether something is broken or defective in this step.)
- Wait to receive an email from Five Below with your return form.
- Print the form and package it up with the item(s) you’re returning.
- Use the return label address listed below, and take your package to a shipping location.
- Pay for your own return label and mail the package.
- Send an email to Five Below with your tracking number.
- They’ll process your refund once they receive your package.
Five Below address for returns:
5 Gateway Blvd.
Pedricktown, NJ 08067
4. Expect your refund from Five Below within two to 10 business days.
Five Below says to allow two to 10 business days for your refund to appear on your card or bank statement, depending on your bank. If you’re using the online returns process, the return can only be credited to the original card used for payment.